FSA crank binding?

Nolllies

May 24, 2007
I am having a problem with an FSA SLK carbon crank. After tightening down the left crank arm, the bottom bracket siezes up. It is as if it were being pinched. I can get the crank to spin freely (at least as freely as it will spin) when the left arm is a really loose, but then I have play in my left arm. Anybody run into this problem before? Any suggestions or ideas on how to fix it?

Your problem is it is an FSA. I think thy had a warranty recall on this (one of their hundreds) as well. Was there any spacers included that weren't pedal-washers? Square taper or ISIS?

Mega-Exo. I am assuming that the warranty problem wouldn't be with the crank but with the bottom bracket?

bobbyOCR said:
Your problem is it is an FSA. I think thy had a warranty recall on this (one of their hundreds) as well. Was there any spacers included that weren't pedal-washers? Square taper or ISIS?

Nolllies said:
Mega-Exo. I am assuming that the warranty problem wouldn't be with the crank but with the bottom bracket?
In a brief period where I worked for a different bikeshop (only for 1.5months), they had 6 FSA crank warranty claims. Three for megaexo and three for ISIS. Pedal inserts coming out, bolts seizing, crank-bb interfaces un-bonding, etc.Never had a seizing issue with the BB but I'm sure they've had one, take it to your LBS and get it replaced, shouldn't cost you a thing.