FSA crank set BB compatibility

Chuck731

Nov 15, 2005
Are FSA Gossamer Compact Road Crankset compatible with Campy bottom brackets?

Chuck731 said:
Are FSA Gossamer Compact Road Crankset compatible with Campy bottom brackets?

At one time FSA did make some of their cranksets compatible with Campy square taper BBs. However, AFAIK, they now only make the gossamer compact cranks for use with either mega-exo or ISIS BBs. You might be able to find the older style if you look around for old stock. It's possible, though, now that I think about it, that the *Compact* version of the Gossamers never came in a square-taper version, though.
So you have 2 Alternatives for going compact with Campy:
1. get a Campy compact crank (if you don't want to buy another BB)
Or, 2. If you get the Gossamers, you'll prob need to get the appropriate BB together with it (ISIS or Mega-Exo).

BikingBrian said:
At one time FSA did make some of their cranksets compatible with Campy square taper BBs. However, AFAIK, they now only make the gossamer compact cranks for use with either mega-exo or ISIS BBs. You might be able to find the older style if you look around for old stock. It's possible, though, now that I think about it, that the *Compact* version of the Gossamers never came in a square-taper version, though.
So you have 2 Alternatives for going compact with Campy:
1. get a Campy compact crank (if you don't want to buy another BB)
Or, 2. If you get the Gossamers, you'll prob need to get the appropriate BB together with it (ISIS or Mega-Exo).

Yep, I asked around with the same question about a year ago and that's pretty much what I was told then too. Also, the FSA square taper cranks which you see are apparently not compatible with Campy square taper BB's. They're similar, but not designed to be used together. I got a Mega-Exo BB for my FSA Energy crankset in the end. I think you can buy the Gossamer crank with the compatible Mega-Exo BB together as a package and save money.