FSA cranks with dura ace BB?

Azza_B

Dec 6, 2004
Does anyone know if the FSA carbon pro team cranks would fit a dura ace bottom bracket?

Cheers guys
Az

Azza_B said:
Does anyone know if the FSA carbon pro team cranks would fit a dura ace bottom bracket?
As should be evident, now, FSA made cranks which fit a wide spectrum of BB types.

The FSA MegaExo cranks can use Shimano BBs ... and, Shimano Hollowtech II (external bearing cranks) can use FSA MegaExo BBs. Both crank types use 24mm spindles.

GXP & Campagnolo external BBs are not compatible with Shimano/FSA, but use the same installation tool.

Thanks guys much appreciated. Whats everyones thoughts on an upgrade from a dura ace 7800 crankset to the fsa carbon pro team set?

Az

Azza_B said:
Thanks guys much appreciated. Whats everyones thoughts on an upgrade from a dura ace 7800 crankset to the fsa carbon pro team set?
HMmmm. Shimano is currently racing a prototype of their carbon fiber DA crank [see attachment] ... which means it may be available as a 2008 release (which actually means September-October of 2007).

It's not for me, but if you're interested in a carbon crank, then you may want to wait because, if nothing else, the release will possibly put a downward pressure on the price of existing, high-end cranksets.

alfeng said:
As should be evident, now, FSA made cranks which fit a wide spectrum of BB types.

The FSA MegaExo cranks can use Shimano BBs ... and, Shimano Hollowtech II (external bearing cranks) can use FSA MegaExo BBs. Both crank types use 24mm spindles.

GXP & Campagnolo external BBs are not compatible with Shimano/FSA, but use the same installation tool.

T-Mobile_FSA_ceramic_BB.jpg

Shimano 7800 BB is replaced by FSA MegaExo ceramic

Azza_B said:

Az

I'd consider that a downgrade. Ok if you need the look of carbon, but in my experience the FSA chainrings are noisier and don't shift quite as smoothly as Shimano.