FSA K Wing Torque specs

Ross

Guest
Finally got one of these bars but having a hard time finding the torque
specs. Everything but on FSA website. LBS has tried with no luck from FSA to
get specs and has even opened up their new KWings but same as mine,
everything but torque specs( FSA said to use Bontrager carbon specs (?) .

Anyone have any ideas or experiences to pass and/or share so I don't get a
little road rash if the break? :)......

Thanks!

Ross

In article <[email protected]>, Ross
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Finally got one of these bars but having a hard time finding the torque
> specs. Everything but on FSA website. LBS has tried with no luck from FSA to
> get specs and has even opened up their new KWings but same as mine,
> everything but torque specs( FSA said to use Bontrager carbon specs (?) .
>
> Anyone have any ideas or experiences to pass and/or share so I don't get a
> little road rash if the break? :)......
>
> Thanks!
>
> Ross

I had this difficulty when installing a set of carbon bars - no torque
specs outlined. The stem (from another manufacturer), however, did
include literature that listed torque specs (but not exclusively
applicable to carbon bars).

What I did was this: With the bike clamped in the trainer, the stem's
handlebar clamp was gradually tightened to just beyond the point where
the bars would not slip from either the pull of some heavy stationary
sprinting or, while leaning forward over the bars, a few vigorous
downward thrusts. IIRC, the resulting torque was slightly less than
that recommended in the stem's literature.

Luke

I have a FSA K-Wing bar mated to a FSA OS115 stem. The stem says 78
in/lb but I chickened out at 55 in/lb. It has held fine for almost a
year of hard riding.