FSA MegaExo and DA 7800 BB compatibility?

KnowWhen2HoldemKnowWhen2Foldem

Guest
I think I need a new bottom bracket because the silky pedal feeling seems to
have gradually been replaced by a gritty feeling. This seems really strange
since the road bike only has 5000 miles.
I have a FSA SLK compact double crankset (model 8680) and MegaExo BB (model
BB-8000). I am thinking of replacing the MegaExo with DA Hollowtech BB
(model SM-FC 7800) but I am not sure if they are compatible for the FSA SLK
compact double.

Does anyone know if they are compatible?
Is the Shimano Cup tool compatible with the FSA cup?

On Dec 10, 2:16 am, "KnowWhen2HoldemKnowWhen2Foldem"
<[email protected]> wrote:
> I think I need a new bottom bracket because the silky pedal feeling seems to
> have gradually been replaced by a gritty feeling. This seems really strange
> since the road bike only has 5000 miles.
> I have a FSA SLK compact double crankset (model 8680) and MegaExo BB (model
> BB-8000). I am thinking of replacing the MegaExo with DA Hollowtech BB
> (model SM-FC 7800) but I am not sure if they are compatible for the FSA SLK
> compact double.
>
> Does anyone know if they are compatible?
> Is the Shimano Cup tool compatible with the FSA cup?

The cup tool is the same.

This place sells aftermarket bb's which seems to suggest the two are
interchangable:

http://www.enduroforkseals.com/id180.html

Joseph

[email protected] wrote:
> On Dec 10, 2:16 am, "KnowWhen2HoldemKnowWhen2Foldem"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>> I think I need a new bottom bracket because the silky pedal feeling seems to
>> have gradually been replaced by a gritty feeling. This seems really strange
>> since the road bike only has 5000 miles.
>> I have a FSA SLK compact double crankset (model 8680) and MegaExo BB (model
>> BB-8000). I am thinking of replacing the MegaExo with DA Hollowtech BB
>> (model SM-FC 7800) but I am not sure if they are compatible for the FSA SLK
>> compact double.
>>
>> Does anyone know if they are compatible?
>> Is the Shimano Cup tool compatible with the FSA cup?

> The cup tool is the same.
>
> This place sells aftermarket bb's which seems to suggest the two are
> interchangable:
>
> http://www.enduroforkseals.com/id180.html
>
> Joseph

Raceface, FSA and Shimano are interchangable, with Truvativ you're stuck

--
/Marten

info(apestaartje)m-gineering(punt)nl