FSA Orbit XL II

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Steven Templeto, Apr 29, 2003.

  1. needing a new headset for my bike - old tange crappy one has finally bit the dust.

    Any opinions on this FSA one ? I've found it for around £25 online in the UK which works out around
    40 dollars. Is this a good price?

    Also my stem is an ART 88mm 22 degreee rise which is only 2 bolt so it creaks and also scores my
    fork steerer so I'm thinking of getting a 4 bolt club roost Ibeam 105mm 10 degree rise for £14 ( 20
    dollars ). Is this a good price, and will i find it too streched out compared to my old ART stem.

    Thanks in advance guys

    Tags:

  2. Fred Hinkson

    Fred Hinkson Guest

    GO for it.

    MTB Ride hard die free.

  3. Steven Templeton wrote:

    >needing a new headset for my bike - old tange crappy one has finally bit the dust.
    >
    >Any opinions on this FSA one ? I've found it for around £25 online in the UK which works out around
    >40 dollars. Is this a good price?
    >
    >Also my stem is an ART 88mm 22 degreee rise which is only 2 bolt so it creaks and also scores my
    >fork steerer so I'm thinking of getting a 4 bolt club roost Ibeam 105mm 10 degree rise for £14 ( 20
    >dollars ). Is this a good price, and will i find it too streched out compared to my old ART stem.
    >
    >Thanks in advance guys

    Best headset for the money, in my opinion. That seems a decent price too.

  4. Julian

    Julian Guest

    it's a very good headset. have done many thousands of miles with one, not a single problem. £25 is a
    very good price.

    "Steven Templeton" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > needing a new headset for my bike - old tange crappy one has finally bit
    the
    > dust.
    >
    > Any opinions on this FSA one ? I've found it for around £25 online in the
    UK
    > which works out around 40 dollars. Is this a good price?
    >
    > Also my stem is an ART 88mm 22 degreee rise which is only 2 bolt so it creaks and also scores my
    > fork steerer so I'm thinking of getting a 4 bolt club roost Ibeam 105mm 10 degree rise for £14 (
    > 20 dollars ). Is this a
    good
    > price, and will i find it too streched out compared to my old ART stem.
    >
    > Thanks in advance guys

  5. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Steven Templeton <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > needing a new headset for my bike - old tange crappy one has finally bit
    the
    > dust.
    >
    > Any opinions on this FSA one ? I've found it for around £25 online in the
    UK
    > which works out around 40 dollars. Is this a good price?
    >
    > Also my stem is an ART 88mm 22 degreee rise which is only 2 bolt so it creaks and also scores my
    > fork steerer so I'm thinking of getting a 4 bolt club roost Ibeam 105mm 10 degree rise for £14 (
    > 20 dollars ). Is this a
    good
    > price, and will i find it too streched out compared to my old ART stem.
    >
    > Thanks in advance guys

    Bog standard FSA Orbit served me well for 1500 or so miles, even when I managed to get water forced
    into it and the grease got rusty (it was like that for about a month), just opened it, cleaned it,
    re-greased and set it all back up, no worries.

    Shaun aRe - Sometimes clumsy with the jet-wash. Ahem.