FSA RD80 Wheels ?

K2

Guest
The Full Speed Ahead web site doesn't list these. I'm considering buying
a set of these from a local seller at what would appear to be a
reasonable price. I plan to use for long, "fast" rides (why am I faster
when I ride by myself?) while using a set of CXP22s as my commuting
wheels. Can't find information on whether these would
be durable enough to handle my +-205# girth. After having a set of
Bontrager Race Lites fail on me recently I'm a bit gun shy. Am I
inviting another such incident by riding these?

Anyone with experience with these?

thanks!
Karl

--
If replying directly, please remove the
cleverly decorated addition to my return address.

K2 wrote:
> The Full Speed Ahead web site doesn't list these. I'm considering buying
> a set of these from a local seller at what would appear to be a
> reasonable price. I plan to use for long, "fast" rides (why am I faster
> when I ride by myself?) while using a set of CXP22s as my commuting
> wheels. Can't find information on whether these would
> be durable enough to handle my +-205# girth. After having a set of
> Bontrager Race Lites fail on me recently I'm a bit gun shy. Am I
> inviting another such incident by riding these?
>
> Anyone with experience with these?
>
> thanks!
> Karl

If the seller has a gram scale, weigh them before and compare to the
CXP-22 wheels...and then think whether or not the small or non existent
weight savings will really make any difference.

Then think about being stuck 'way out there' with a busted wheel and
think about how you are going to get back.

Wheels should be designed for YOU and your riding needs(not for
anycyclist.com...made my marketeers). Above all they should be
reliable. Teeny weight savings does nothing but empty your wallet, ask
for wheel problems and 'may' impress your coffee shop buddies. DON'T
expect this or any other wheelset to significantly improve your cycling
performance. Use the $ on a cycling trip, a coach, a massage
therapist..but not for thse wheels.

OFF orange crate........