FSA RD80 Wheels ?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by K2, Nov 26, 2005.

  1. K2

    K2 Guest

    The Full Speed Ahead web site doesn't list these. I'm considering buying
    a set of these from a local seller at what would appear to be a
    reasonable price. I plan to use for long, "fast" rides (why am I faster
    when I ride by myself?) while using a set of CXP22s as my commuting
    wheels. Can't find information on whether these would
    be durable enough to handle my +-205# girth. After having a set of
    Bontrager Race Lites fail on me recently I'm a bit gun shy. Am I
    inviting another such incident by riding these?

    Anyone with experience with these?

    thanks!
    Karl

    --
    If replying directly, please remove the
    cleverly decorated addition to my return address.

    Tags:

  2. K2 wrote:
    > The Full Speed Ahead web site doesn't list these. I'm considering buying
    > a set of these from a local seller at what would appear to be a
    > reasonable price. I plan to use for long, "fast" rides (why am I faster
    > when I ride by myself?) while using a set of CXP22s as my commuting
    > wheels. Can't find information on whether these would
    > be durable enough to handle my +-205# girth. After having a set of
    > Bontrager Race Lites fail on me recently I'm a bit gun shy. Am I
    > inviting another such incident by riding these?
    >
    > Anyone with experience with these?
    >
    > thanks!
    > Karl

    If the seller has a gram scale, weigh them before and compare to the
    CXP-22 wheels...and then think whether or not the small or non existent
    weight savings will really make any difference.

    Then think about being stuck 'way out there' with a busted wheel and
    think about how you are going to get back.

    Wheels should be designed for YOU and your riding needs(not for
    anycyclist.com...made my marketeers). Above all they should be
    reliable. Teeny weight savings does nothing but empty your wallet, ask
    for wheel problems and 'may' impress your coffee shop buddies. DON'T
    expect this or any other wheelset to significantly improve your cycling
    performance. Use the $ on a cycling trip, a coach, a massage
    therapist..but not for thse wheels.

    OFF orange crate........