Fuji Bikes

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by pfrichar, Oct 18, 2003.

1. pfrichar

pfrichar New Member

I am thinking of buying a Fuji Aloha bike for time trial competition. I'd like to hear from anybody that has experience with a recently mfg'd Fuji road or T.T. bike. Do you like it, pros and cons.

Tags:

2. allgoo19

allgoo19 New Member

In case you haven't check this one yet.

http://www.roadbikereview.com/Fuji America/MCL_5540crx.aspx

Most Fuji bikes are getting good reviews.

3. john benkert

john benkert New Member

Let me qualify anything I say by saying I am a rookie at bike racing!!!

In June I bought a 2002 aloha at a great price. So far, with my limited knowledge of how a racing bike is suppose to feel, I have been more then satisfied. It looks great, feels light and responsive, and mechanically have had no problems yet. It seems comfortable to ride and all functional features are easy to operate and reach.

One thing, in my first and only TT (so far) I was doing great for ten miles, and then I flatted BOTH tires, one after another. Of course that might have been because just before that I ran off the road and across some big sharp rocks. (told you I was a rookie :) )

4. ajcoles

ajcoles New Member

I have a Fuji Team Mercury frame. I am told it is a 1998. Bought the frame @ a swap & a friend built it up for me.

I LOVE IT ! :D

I don't know about the factory builts but this bike is sweet, the fastest bike I have owned.

5. notryt

notryt New Member

Actually if weight is an issue (duh!) you'de be better off trying to find a cannondale multisport.. the frame alone lighter 2.8 < 4.4 lbs (save a pound and a half) in any book thats a lot of grams... also the aloha has some pretty heavy wheels that come stock..

depending on your ability this may be the difference between placing and just showing up. ;)