fuji marseille

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by danschreiber, Jun 23, 2003.

  1. danschreiber

    danschreiber New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2003
    I am looking into a fuji marseille bike right now. I weigh about 200 lbs and am 6'1 maybe slightly taller and just starting out in road biking. I am getting a lot of different stories from the stores around here and wnated to know what was the real deal.

    As far as components go they tell me not to go below shimano 105 and probably better with ultegra as I will probably ride 3-4 times a week for 50 or so miles each ride.

    They also say that steel frame is better for me with some carbon fiber becasue i am a big guy and don't want to blow through an aluminum frame which will gain excessive flex after 2 years or so of heavy riding. They say that steel is much more absorbant of the road shock for a smoother ride and also much better as far as lasting me a long time.

    So right now my favorite bike I have seen is a fuji marseille with ultegra almost all the way around (a few richie components) and a carbon fiber fork. They are asking 1250 regulars 1580 and original list 2000.

    I just want to know how on mark those recommendations are that I am getting. How long an aluminum bike really will last with those conditions. If anyone knows of any good biking stores in San Diego, CA or wherabouts or also any great deals or bikes I should check out please tell me as well.

    I probably will not race at all or very much, just want a good bike for my excercise and enjoyment.

    -dan

    Tags:

  2. Jkpoulos7

    Jkpoulos7 Guest

    >So right now my favorite bike I have seen is a fuji marseille with ultegra almost all the way
    >around (a few richie components) and a carbon fiber fork. They are asking 1250 regulars 1580 and
    >original list 2000.

    Go to www.bikesdirect.com if you like Fuji. You will be amazed at the prices. Free shipping. Put the
    bike together yourself and pay $40 for a shop to tune it up if you cant. You'll make out lkike a
    bandit. P.S. If a shop wants $2000 for a Fuji Marseille- they are overpriced.

  3. Hf

    Hf Guest

    Dan, I weight 230-250 depending on what I eat and how long the winter is and how crapy the spring is
    ;v)... anyways I have a 2000 fuji roubaix with 105's. I also have the Fuji Professional 2001 with
    campy daytona. On both bikes I had to goto wheels with 36 spokes. I was popping spoke like mad. I
    didn't mind, being I built the wheels myself. Wheel problems have gone away since then... No
    problems with the Roubaix. I cracked the frame on the Fjui Pro. It cracked right at the joint on the
    drive side of the chain stay. The bike has never been down. Fuji replaced the frame with a 2002
    frame, no charge.... I like both bikes, the Pro is a lot faster than the roubaix. I am a Fuji person
    all the way. I still have my Fuji grand tourer(1976). Thoses wheels have never been tuned... I think
    the weight of the marseille and the pro at almost the same... Note: I did 4000 miles last year and
    4000 the year before.

    Last comment, the roubaix has the 105's and the Pro has campy daytona's. The difference to me is
    like night and day, Campy all the way.... But Fuji moved away from Campy this year...

    hope this helps

    scott