Fuji newest 1.0?

donnie22

Sep 6, 2011
I recently decided to get into road biking and commuting to work. I purchased a schwinn varsity from walmart and really enjoyed riding it but found myself constantly searching the internet for upgrades. Instead of doing that I have now decided to get my money back for the schwinn and get a bike that I won't feel so strongly about upgrading for the time being. My local shop has a fuji newest 1.0 for $640 which looks like a good deal to me. Let me know what you think and if and if I should look into any of these other bikes on their website. http://cycle-logic.biz/#on-sale-now I wanted to get a roubaix 2.0 and put a 105 rear derailleur on it but they don't have one in my size.

$639 for a mostly 105 bike is pretty hard to beat, but let me throw out some caveats. My experience with the Newest line has been with 2009 and 2010 3.0s, and they were pretty disappointing.

The issues are a frame that is heavy and not particularly nimble, dated and/or cheap ergonomics (handlebar and saddle), and questionable wheels--2-cross lacing on the 3.0s and just plain poor tensioning and truing on all of them.

Building a good cheap bike requires judicious cost cutting, something I think Trek really got right when they brought out the 1.1. I'd be concerned that by the time you got your Newest to where you could depend on it you may as well have spent the money up front on something else.

Originally Posted by supersix 105 .

+1 on the trek 1.1 or cannondale caad 8
Cannondale has been on my radar lately. When you're not Trek or Specialized, you try harder, and it shows.