Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Fuji Newest or Giant OCR2?

Started by camshaft · · Last activity · 1 post · 2,798 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
9 November 2003
Last activity
9 November 2003
Original author
camshaft
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,798
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hey guys,

    Looking to get my first road bike, and hoping to do some light racing. I think I've narrowed it down to these two bikes (both 2003 versions to get a decent deal). As far as I can tell they're both pretty similar (aluminum frame, tiagra group) except that the Giant uses the compact frame. My local shop had the Fuji Newest in stock so I gave it a test ride. It felt nice, but then again it was also the first time I've ever been on a road bike. They'd have to order the OCR2 (form a fellow store? I don't know), and I didn't have time to try one of the OCR3's just to get a feel for the frame.

    So, do you guys have any opinions comparing the two?

    I think I'm leaning towards the Fuji, but could be swayed. Also, I found a thread here about someone having trouble getting the wheels off the Fuji because the brakes don't have a quick release, anything I should be worried about?

    Thanks a bunch for any help,
    Austin

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.