fuji or specialized dolce beginner bike

krfarr

Aug 5, 2010
I am going to purchase my first road bike,, i am looking at a fuji or specialized dolce ( both are on the lower price range 1000.00).. does anyone have any suggestions on which is a better bike? they are at different bike shop..

Scotty_Dog said:
Please provide website links or list the specifications for each bike.

just wanted an honest answer.. "thanks for that nonsense"..

I have both brands and have have not had any problems with either. I lend more toward the Specialized these days. But it would be nice to know which ones you are looking at. I think you are looking at the Fuji Newset 2.0 and the Specialized Dolce. If you are female the Dolce would be a better bike for, it is setup for a female. The Newest will mostly have a little longer crank and the saddle will be for a male, which should be swapped out for the proper one.
I would suggest you ride both and then buy. Make sure you have your helment, shoes and shorts, if you have them. Also take a ride on the bike, not around the parking lot. If the shop want to sell you a bike a 20 min ride shouldn't be out of the question.
Hope this helps.

Dave67 said:
I have both brands and have have not had any problems with either. I lend more toward the Specialized these days. But it would be nice to know which ones you are looking at. I think you are looking at the Fuji Newset 2.0 and the Specialized Dolce. If you are female the Dolce would be a better bike for, it is setup for a female. The Newest will mostly have a little longer crank and the saddle will be for a male, which should be swapped out for the proper one.
I would suggest you ride both and then buy. Make sure you have your helment, shoes and shorts, if you have them. Also take a ride on the bike, not around the parking lot. If the shop want to sell you a bike a 20 min ride shouldn't be out of the question.
Hope this helps.

thank you .. fuji was a little long as you stated.. the bike shop is ordering a xs for me to try,, the specialized dolce sport triple seemed fine, also looking at a trek 1.2 wsd (new 2010).. they all seem to have about the same components (of which i dont know much ha).. and close to the same price range.. also do you know much about the trek mountain bikes?, am thinking of getting a trek skye sl to ride with my son.. thanks so much for your imput..

No problem. Buy a new bike is tough with out right info. All the bikes listed use lower end components. This is not not bad thing, but just beware that they will wear faster than the higher end components. When this happens just upgrade the parts as needed.
Not much of a mountain bike guy. The specs on the Trek look fine to me. I will say that the fork will need to be setup for you. This is not hard to do but will a play a large part in how the bike handles. Other than that it should be fine.