fuji Pro 2001 bike with campy Daytona creeking

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Hf, May 6, 2003.

  1. Hf

    Hf Guest

    I replaced the bottom bracket(AC-H) with a Chorus triple to stop the creeking. Bike still creeks, it
    is so loud... if I don't pedal it doesn't creek. It did this before the BB change and after.

    When I put in the new BB I put grease on the threads in the frame and teflon tape on the threads
    of the BB.

    If I get off the bike, put it in front of me on the non drive side. put the pedal at 6 oclock(just
    to get it out of the way). Put my foot on the crank where the axle is and holding the bike. Pushing
    lightly with my foot I can hear that dam creek...It is loud enough I can't pin point it.

    Could it be where the back carbon stay goes into the alu before the downtube?

    scott

    Tags:

  2. scott-<< I replaced the bottom bracket(AC-H) with a Chorus triple to stop the creeking. Bike still
    creeks, it is so loud.

    As an aside, the 111mm Chorus triple BB puts your crank arms off center, since it is an assymetric
    BB...should really use the AC-H...BUT

    Could be pedals, cleats, chainrings, chainring bolts, how the BB was installed...

    << Pushing lightly with my foot I can hear that dam creek...It is loud enough I can't pin point it.

    pedals? aluminum frameset? maybe the mitering of the seat tube...

    << Could it be where the back carbon stay goes into the alu before the downtube?

    Dohhhh!!!

    Sure could. Seen this before. Can you oooze some boiled lindseed oil into/around the junction??

  3. Robin Hubert

    Robin Hubert Guest

    "HF" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > I replaced the bottom bracket(AC-H) with a Chorus triple to stop the creeking. Bike still creeks,
    > it is so loud... if I don't pedal it doesn't creek. It did this before the BB change and after.
    >
    > When I put in the new BB I put grease on the threads in the frame and teflon tape on the threads
    > of the BB.
    >
    > If I get off the bike, put it in front of me on the non drive side. put the pedal at 6 oclock(just
    > to get it out of the way). Put my foot on the crank where the axle is and holding the bike.
    > Pushing lightly with my foot I can hear that dam creek...It is loud enough I can't pin point it.

    If you're hearing the creek you probably need to move away from it so you can hear the creak.

    > Could it be where the back carbon stay goes into the alu before the downtube?

    Could also be your saddle rails/seatpost clamp.

    --
    Robin Hubert <[email protected]