Fuji Team Carbon Frameset Yr 08

acapulco4ever

Dec 8, 2010
how you doing guys been training hard and hitting the big miles so not really around this great forum latelly. well the title says it all I found a deal on craiglist for this frame including stem and hanldebar I was looking to upgrade soon to a carbon frame or actually a carbon bike but I can start with this bad boy and starting from there!! any experiences with fuji carbon frames? or fuji in general any feedback will be highly appreciated thank you guys...

Fujis are decent - good value products. I've had a couple of their SST frames and have nothing but good things to say. Never had the Team frame.

There are a multitude of online resources for reviews on cycling products - roadbikereview.com, to name one of the most popular, or just Google the item you're contemplating - you'll get plenty of hits...

Reactions: acapulco4ever
thank you so much already did that and founf good reviews well 3.5 out of 5 on the scale but seems fair enough and actually comes with ultegra rear derailleur some cranckset handlebar and stem the guy wants 600 for the whole setuo what do you guys think??

Its a good deal, so much that I would ask to have the frame checked at my LBS for cracks before buying it. If the seller balks on this, don't buy the frame. You should be the one paying for the check, it won't cost much, and it may save you from buying a useless frame.

I;m going like 25 miles away from home where my local shop is at and I really trust so not really sure how is that going to work out for me, is there any advices you can give me how to check for any big issues on carbon frame??

got it seems really good condition let see how it holds uo hey how long does a carbon frame last? do they ever break or need to be replaced?? I mean if you don't crash you should be fine in the long run right??

I haven't heard of any life expectancies on a CF frame. Most of the bugs have been worked out for years now. The problem is with breaking them, usually from over torquing a screw or nut. A set of good torque wrenches is a must if you are going to be working on a CF frame bike.

ok that'takes me to my next issue with this frame I pretty much gotaa build it from scratches what would you reccomend taking it to a shop to do the job for me or get my own tools and try to mess with it myself??

You don't "mess" with it. Carbon fiber is ace stuff but unless it's designed especially for compression then tinkering and messing at random is probably the worst thing you could do with a carbon frame in the safety of your own home.

Go upto the Fuji website, get all the support documents or call their tech support and ask for them. It'll have all the info you need that's frame specific. Once you have the info for the frame then get the install info for the components. If there's a torque spec listed for a given item in both sets of documents, eg for the front mech, then use the specs given in the Frame documentation that rather than the SRAM/Shimano/Campag documentation. You get no prizes for tightening the front mech band to Shimano specs, cracking the seat tube and then discovering that Fuji says torque is to half that amount ;)

A kdelong said - a torque wrench is required - not just highly recommended.

If any of the documentation states that a locking compound should be used, like Loctite blue, then use it. Some of that is put in there as a "CYA" to ensure that nothing falls off the bike and then gets the manufacturer a few days in court but some of those recommendations are there due to observations during testing. Always think 'worst case' - would sir prefer facial reconstruction and having the nurse pick your teeth out of the back of your throat and bits of cheekbone out of your eyeballs while the poor police officer scrapes up half your leg and testicles off the road or... would you prefer the 10 minute trip to the store for the small tube of loctite blue?