Fuji touch-up paint?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by David Kerber, Sep 25, 2003.

  1. David Kerber

    David Kerber Guest

    Anybody know where I can find maroon touch-up paint for my 2003 Fuji Touring? Or an equivalent color
    from some other mfr? Or other suggestions for repairing it?

    I took a chip out of the paint on my 4-week-old bike last weekend, and want to get it fixed before
    it spreads or rusts.

    Thanks!

  2. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    "David Kerber" <[email protected]_ids.net> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Anybody know where I can find maroon touch-up paint for my 2003 Fuji Touring? Or an equivalent
    > color from some other mfr? Or other suggestions for repairing it?
    >
    > I took a chip out of the paint on my 4-week-old bike last weekend, and want to get it fixed before
    > it spreads or rusts.

    Visit your LBS or contact Fuji.

    Bill "just guessing" S.

  3. David Kerber

    David Kerber Guest

    me.san.rr.com says...
    > "David Kerber" <[email protected]_ids.net> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Anybody know where I can find maroon touch-up paint for my 2003 Fuji Touring? Or an equivalent
    > > color from some other mfr? Or other suggestions for repairing it?
    > >
    > > I took a chip out of the paint on my 4-week-old bike last weekend, and want to get it fixed
    > > before it spreads or rusts.
    >
    > Visit your LBS or contact Fuji.
    >
    > Bill "just guessing" S.

    Those were my first thoughts, too: the store I bought it from doesn't have any touch-up paint, and
    didn't have many suggestions either. I have sent an e-mail to Fuji, but haven't heard back yet. If I
    don't hear back in a few days and nobody here can suggest another source, the next step will
    probably be an auto parts store for automotive touch-up paint.

  4. Rick Onanian

    Rick Onanian Guest

    On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 13:37:14 -0400, David Kerber <[email protected]_ids.net> wrote:
    > Anybody know where I can find maroon touch-up paint for my 2003 Fuji Touring? Or an equivalent
    > color from some other mfr? Or other suggestions for repairing it?

    How about nail polish?

    > I took a chip out of the paint on my 4-week-old bike last weekend, and want to get it fixed before
    > it spreads or rusts.

    Should have bought a less corrosive metal, like Aluminum. <G>

    --
    Rick Onanian

  5. Zoot Katz

    Zoot Katz Guest

    Thu, 25 Sep 2003 14:10:30 -0400, <[email protected]>, David Kerber
    <[email protected]_ids.net> wrote:

    >If I don't hear back in a few days and nobody here can suggest another source, the next step will
    >probably be an auto parts store for automotive touch-up paint.

    That's about the best bet. Hobby paints and nail polish too offer a variety of colours.
    --
    zk

  6. Jkpoulos7

    Jkpoulos7 Guest

    >Should have bought a less corrosive metal, like Aluminum.

    only to be punished by a harsh ride

  7. On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 14:10:30 -0400, David Kerber <[email protected]_ids.net> wrote:

    >Those were my first thoughts, too: the store I bought it from doesn't have any touch-up paint, and
    >didn't have many suggestions either. I have sent an e-mail to Fuji, but haven't heard back yet. If
    >I don't hear back in a few days and nobody here can suggest another source, the next step will
    >probably be an auto parts store for automotive touch-up paint.

    If it were mine, any color that was in the same ballpark would do, and that's a very easy
    thing to match.

    If you are concerned that much about the appearance of a scratch or scrape or ding, etc... Then you
    shouldn't ride your bike because you are bound to get even more of them. I've always felt relief
    when I got the first nick on a new bike because I didn't have to worry anymore about getting the
    first nick on the new bike.

    The preventative maintenance of covering the bare metal is all that really matters. Ten years from
    now, if you still have the bike and you want it to look like new, you can always have it repainted.

    __________________
    -= ®atzofratzo =-

    ®emove The fleA to reply

  8. David Kerber

    David Kerber Guest

    > On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 14:10:30 -0400, David Kerber <[email protected]_ids.net> wrote:
    >

    > >Those were my first thoughts, too: the store I bought it from doesn't have any touch-up paint,
    > >and didn't have many suggestions either. I have sent an e-mail to Fuji, but haven't heard back
    > >yet. If I don't hear back in a few days and nobody here can suggest another source, the next step
    > >will probably be an auto parts store for automotive touch-up paint.
    >
    > If it were mine, any color that was in the same ballpark would do, and that's a very easy thing
    > to match.
    >
    > If you are concerned that much about the appearance of a scratch or scrape or ding, etc... Then
    > you shouldn't ride your bike because you are bound to get even more of them. I've always felt
    > relief when I got the first nick on a new bike because I didn't have to worry anymore about
    > getting the first nick on the new bike.

    It's only because it's so new that I'm over-reacting, and because it was caused by my own clumsiness
    while working on it. If it was something which occurred because of normal riding or a crash, it
    wouldn't bother me near as much.

    > The preventative maintenance of covering the bare metal is all that really matters. Ten years from
    > now, if you still have the bike and you want it to look like new, you can always have it
    > repainted.

    That's the main reason - to prevent corrosion from spreading. I only need an approximate match for
    the color.

  9. On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 09:35:04 -0400, David Kerber <[email protected]_ids.net> wrote:

    >It's only because it's so new that I'm over-reacting, and because it was caused by my own
    >clumsiness while working on it. If it was something which occurred because of normal riding or a
    >crash, it wouldn't bother me near as much.

    I wouldn't let it bother you. Seriously, you'll get another scratch soon that will take your mind
    off this one.

    __________________
    -= ®atzofratzo =-

    ®emove The fleA to reply

  10. David Kerber

    David Kerber Guest

    > On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 09:35:04 -0400, David Kerber <[email protected]_ids.net> wrote:
    >

    > >It's only because it's so new that I'm over-reacting, and because it was caused by my own
    > >clumsiness while working on it. If it was something which occurred because of normal riding or a
    > >crash, it wouldn't bother me near as much.
    >
    > I wouldn't let it bother you. Seriously, you'll get another scratch soon that will take your mind
    > off this one.

    I know; you should see my old bike. Some sections of the frame have more chips than paint <GGGG>

  11. Jamie

    Jamie Guest

    Nail polish worked for me .Lots of color to chose from some metal flakes to.Put it on lightly and a
    couple of coat should do the trick.

    --
    J/O Trailblazer At large !!