Fulcrum racing 3 wheel set

Uawadall

Jun 14, 2015
Has anyone heard of or used the fulcrum racing 3 wheel set? Im looking for a new set of lighter weight wheels and these seem to have good reviews and are relatively cheap. Im currently using Shimano Rs501's that are 2 years old and will become my roller/winter wheels. I'm not a heavy guy at 6'4" and 165 pounds, but I'm known to hit potholes more than the average joe. If these are reasonably sturdy, ill most likely buy.

http://www.probikekit.com/bicycle-wheels/fulcrum-racing-3-clincher-wheelset-2016/10782861.html

Most aluminium wheel sets are very similar . The biggest difference is the hub. Better hubs will take less effort for you to get up to speed and will make your wheelset a lot lighter. I haven't used the fulcrums but I've used multiple other wheelsets and they all feel very similar except the hubs. That's the biggest difference and I think you can get a new hub and put that on your current wheelset and it would do the job just fine.

Not about the wheels but the website in the UK.

I've had friends who have bought things from PBK and have had them go through customs only to have to pay some kind of fee at delivery. I guess they have to pick them up at the post office and pay there. One guy told me that the fee had to pay was just as much as the parts he ordered. Few have mentioned that you run the risk if your order is $200 or more.

I have ordered lots of stuff from there but my orders are $140 at most and I have never had a problem. Now my friends split their orders into two or more if the total comes close to $200 in order to avoid customs and charges.

Something to think about or investigate if you plan to order from Pro Bike Kit.

Most aluminium wheel sets are very similar . The biggest difference is the hub. Better hubs will take less effort for you to get up to speed and will make your wheelset a lot lighter. I haven't used the fulcrums but I've used multiple other wheelsets and they all feel very similar except the hubs. That's the biggest difference and I think you can get a new hub and put that on your current wheelset and it would do the job just fine.

The Rs501's are cheap, you can find them for 150..Think most quality hubs cost more than these wheels. These wheels are the bottom of the entry level, but have served their purpose thus far.

Something to think about or investigate if you plan to order from Pro Bike Kit.

Thanks for the heads up, sounds like a drag to order internationally. Guess i'll stick with Nashbar and Biketiresdirect.

I would still be looking at Mavic Aksium and Ksyrium wheels. I can't kill 'em. YMMV.

I was actually considering a pair of Mavic Cosmic Elite in the 450-500 range. I've heard from you and others that its a reliable brand. Think i'll wait to see if a good deal comes up in the next month or two and get a pair.

Has anyone heard of or used the fulcrum racing 3 wheel set? Im looking for a new set of lighter weight wheels and these seem to have good reviews and are relatively cheap. Im currently using Shimano Rs501's that are 2 years old and will become my roller/winter wheels. I'm not a heavy guy at 6'4" and 165 pounds, but I'm known to hit potholes more than the average joe. If these are reasonably sturdy, ill most likely buy.

http://www.probikekit.com/bicycle-wheels/fulcrum-racing-3-clincher-wheelset-2016/10782861.html

I have a set of these on one of my Colnagos. The company that builds these wheels also builds the Campy wheels and aside from the finish the hubs are the same. The only criticism I have is that the spokes are a flat aero instead of tapered. But a friend of mine has gone through three sets of Kysriums and another 2 sets. So I prefer reliability to weight consciousness.

The Fulcrum wheels are strong and reliable and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone that isn't a weight weenie. I'm 6'4" and 185.