Fulcrum Racing 3

scirocco

Feb 16, 2007
I'm considering upgrading the Shimano OEM wheels on my entry level carbon bike to Fulcrum Racing 3's. Will be used for fast-ish training rides up to 60 miles (I don't race) on fairly good roads. Some climbing. I'm 150lbs.

I'm interested in feedback from anyone else who owns a set. Have they been reliable/stayed true? Are spokes easy enough to get and replace? Did you like the feel of them? Any other impressions?

Cheapest I could find online was Total Cycling.

scirocco said:
I'm considering upgrading the Shimano OEM wheels on my entry level carbon bike to Fulcrum Racing 3's. Will be used for fast-ish training rides up to 60 miles (I don't race) on fairly good roads. Some climbing. I'm 150lbs.

I'm interested in feedback from anyone else who owns a set. Have they been reliable/stayed true? Are spokes easy enough to get and replace? Did you like the feel of them? Any other impressions?

Cheapest I could find online was Total Cycling.

About $780. Gotta assume you don't have a competent wheelbulder around who can design a wheelset specifically for you and your needs. Like a DA(7850) hubset, Velocity or DT rims, DT spokes. Resulting wheelset will be as light(or lighter), use standard parts(like spokes), 'may' be more reliable and cheaper by about $200.

Just for info from a wheelbuilder.