Fulcrum Racing Zero's, 1's and Shamal Ultras

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Twilly, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Twilly

Twilly New Member

I'm looking to purchase a set of race wheels, and have narrowed it down to these 3. Ultras look awesome in my opinion are claimed to be lighter but I am unsure of stiffness. Zero's also look cool are light and are stiff. And 1's are cheaper supposedly stiffer and more neutral so better suited for every bike that i might conceivably purchase in the future. Can anyone give me any of their own personal feedback or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Tags:

2. Denia

Denia New Member

Can´t comment on the Ultras. I have a set of Fulcrum 1s and think they are excellent value (I paid just under 600 euros for them from www.comobikes.com). The zeros have a slight weight advantage but not enough to make any difference to me. The biggest negative for me with the zeros is the colour - bright red wheels conflict with the minimalist look of my white Canyon F10 frame. If you like the colour that clearly won´t be an issue for you.

Good luck

Denia

3. JTE83

JTE83 Member

Fulcrums look like Ksyrium SLs which are unaerodynamic. The Campy Eurus and Shamals are more aero. Plus the Shamal in titanium looks awesome.

4. Twilly

Twilly New Member

I'm talking about the new Shamals, in Gold, not the old titanium ones, which i must add are very nice... getting kind of rare now though. (here in New Zealand anyway)