Full Carbon bike $1600 2007 Scattante

Armenian

Aug 14, 2007
Wow! I am drooling on this deal and frankly I got to start saving fast.I bought used trek 1000 but starting to out grow it.
[font=&quot]http://www.amazon.com/2007-Scattante-Elite-Carbon-Road/dp/B000R9GBFM/ref=sr_1_49/105-7074808-2652417?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1188921464&sr=1-49
[/font] 2007 Scattante CFR Elite Carbon Road Bike

[font=&quot]Full carbon monocoque frame and fork provide a lightweight, smooth and efficient ride Race-ready, Ultegra 10-speed triple drivetrain with stiff and efficient TruVativ Rouleur cranks flatten hills and provide sleek, pedaling efficiency Super lightweight
413kIuGShGL._SS400_.jpg

[/font]

Those Scattantes are some smoking deals. But, if you look for closeouts you could get a Giant TCR2 Comp for the same price.

Those Scattante frames and not the highest quality in the world. The paint is bad and there alu frames have poor welds. But other than cosmetics they may be great.

cdy291 said:
Those Scattante frames and not the highest quality in the world. The paint is bad and there alu frames have poor welds. But other than cosmetics they may be great.
Looks pretty good in the photo's I've seen, but I suppose that you can photoshop anything these days.

capwater said:
Those Scattantes are some smoking deals. But, if you look for closeouts you could get a Giant TCR2 Comp for the same price.
[size=-1]Giant TCR 2 aluminum framed not full carbon[/size]

cdy291 said:
I've seen worse welds on Felt bikes and for some reason Felt is popular.You are refering to Alum bikes but this one is full carbon

What does alu mean to you. To me that means aluminum. Read my post again.

cdy291 said:
What does alu mean to you. To me that means aluminum. Read my post again.
I understood you perfectly therefore what is the revelance to this specific bike?

Nothing, but to me it shows there quality on all there bikes. But from the nice looking carbon weave in that picture you posted maybe it is a better bike than the one I saw.

cdy291 said:
Nothing, but to me it shows there quality on all there bikes. But from the nice looking carbon weave in that picture you posted maybe it is a better bike than the one I saw.
From what I've been told, the cool-looking carbon weave you see is just a cosmetic cover. So, it really tells you nothing about the quality or strength of the CF underneath.

dhk2 said:
From what I've been told, the cool-looking carbon weave you see is just a cosmetic cover. So, it really tells you nothing about the quality or strength of the CF underneath.
Well that settles it then, its Fu*ked.

capwater said:
Au Contraire fellow Bostonian. www.bobs-bicycles.com has TCR C3s for 1200 and C1s for 1900, so I'd reckon a C2 would be about 1500 - 1600.

Go Red Sox!
Hi bro!Yes Go Sox.I watched the game tonight and it was a beauty.5-3 Red Sox over Jays
Thanks for the link.I saw a great all Carbon bike for less then 1500.I rather buy from established Maker like Giant then from lesser makers.:DThanks again and great site

I'm on my 3rd TCR Comp. First one (TCRC2) I snapped in a bad wreck racing a crit back in April (note to anti-CF folks, a Ti bike was also trashed in the same wreck). I picked up an Advanced frame and then through a buddy the Giant rep kicked down a C1 at a too good to pass up deal. These are screaming good frames. A little FYI, many of the CF bikes coming out of Taiwan are made by Giant including dome of the mid-level Specilized ones. I wouldn't be surprised if that Scattante was a Giant manufactured bike.