Full list of dope suspects published

steve26 said:
[/u][/b]

Now that sounds like lawyer speak:rolleyes:

Yes of course your client wants to take a DNA test, Lie detector test, etc...but his lawyers won't let him...good stuff.

McQuaid is the UCI President : he said that the 500 page report contains the names of 58 riders : McQuaid said that in his opinion, not all of the 58 could be
charged with doping.
Very interesting.

So what happens in the situation where blood exists but the other evidence tying a rider to the blood is tenuous? Can national federations force a DNA test, or do they have to let the rider walk on the charges because they do not have enough evidence?

Bro Deal said:
So what happens in the situation where blood exists but the other evidence tying a rider to the blood is tenuous? Can national federations force a DNA test, or do they have to let the rider walk on the charges because they do not have enough evidence?

Good question - and I don't know the answer.

McQuaid added that if the national federation do not take sanction, the UCI would consider bringing such cases to the CAS.

limerickman said:
Good question - and I don't know the answer.

McQuaid added that if the national federation do not take sanction, the UCI would consider bringing such cases to the CAS.
And CAS could suspend them but more and more lawyers and judges are saying that CAS can't demand athletes to proof their innocence because it's against civil law (Hondo case). It would be better if the UCI would take over the French system of controls for all national federations (one has to question why the UCI didn't do that already..).

This entire affair is murky.

The delay in the publication of the report is one issue.
No one outside of the teams and the UCI has seen this report.

The Spanish won't act because the activity in the report is not illegal (with regard to the riders). So the Spanish won't publish the report.

The UCI claim that their legal department is collating the report in a chronological fashion - but we were told that the UCI would publish this report two weeks ago.
Today - we still have nothing.

My contact tells me that the perception is that the report isn't damning and that the so called "evidence" is neither compelling or explicit and would never be used as a basis for a legal case in a court of law.

The UCI Presidents words on Sunday show the direction where all this is going.
McQuaid said that the suspensions were - to use that famous Irish expression - "a temporary arragement".
A temporary arrangement, I'm told, to spare the blushes of the TDF.

Which doesn't help anyone.
The cloud of suspicion remains around riders named in the report - even if they are innocent.

This is a complete mess.
Another UCI ballsup.

According to velonews.net there are not that many names anymore on the list. Joseba Beloki, Isidro Nozal, Allan Davis, Sergio Paulinho and Alberto Contador are cleared. I don't know how Vinokourov will react because this means he would have been allowed to start (TdF) with his team as he would have 8 riders in his TdF team. This sory is getting more strange every day:
http://www.velo-club.net/article?sid=33499

Edit: by the way Disco signed Paulihno yesterday.. they must have known...

cyclingheroes said:
According to velonews.net there are not that many names anymore on the list. Joseba Beloki, Isidro Nozal, Allan Davis, Sergio Paulinho and Alberto Contador are cleared.
How can the Liberty Seguros riders be cleared when Saiz is up to his elbows in the affair. Just who was Saiz helping to dope if not riders on his team?

It started with 200 athletes... cyclists, footballers, everyone ! and now its two badminton players ! What’s going on ? Obviously it was so big they didn't want to bring sport down globally.... what a complete waste of everyone's time and a great way to ruin the Tour.

cyclingheroes said:
According to velonews.net there are not that many names anymore on the list. Joseba Beloki, Isidro Nozal, Allan Davis, Sergio Paulinho and Alberto Contador are cleared. I don't know how Vinokourov will react because this means he would have been allowed to start (TdF) with his team as he would have 8 riders in his TdF team. This sory is getting more strange every day:

whiteboytrash said:
It started with 200 athletes... cyclists, footballers, everyone ! and now its two badminton players ! What’s going on ? Obviously it was so big they didn't want to bring sport down globally.... what a complete waste of everyone's time and a great way to ruin the Tour.
Another question is: can Vino sue the ASO? He would have had 8 riders with this names cleared...

Anyway i said it again and again: there is NO proof.

Does anyone know what Vrijman was doing the last month? He is the UC's "goto" guy when it comes to whitewashes. He was probably very busy the last three weeks.

Bro Deal said:
Does anyone know what Vrijman was doing the last month? He is the UC's "goto" guy when it comes to whitewashes. He was probably very busy the last three weeks.
Saw him at the lab with a couple of bloodbags in his hands, but didn't see him wash them...:D

Did somebody already mention that Valenciana offered to make gene tests of all their riders to compare those with the found bloodbags and that the Guardia Civil didn't want to that. Guardia said they wouldn't do that because they are not after the riders, they are after the men who are pulling the strings....

cyclingheroes said:

But does being cleared by the civil guard necessarily mean they will be cleared by the Spanish Federation? That may be a stupid question, but technically they will operate with different goals and standards...

Of course, I'm not getting much information in the States, but it certainly seems to me that the powers that be are trying very hard to make this scandal "go away" -- instead of seriously trying to discipline riders.

tcklyde said:
But does being cleared by the civil guard necessarily mean they will be cleared by the Spanish Federation? That may be a stupid question, but technically they will operate with different goals and standards...

Of course, I'm not getting much information in the States, but it certainly seems to me that the powers that be are trying very hard to make this scandal "go away" -- instead of seriously trying to discipline riders.
I think so, i guess that Disco knew Paulihno would be allowed to start before they signed him yesterday.

Well the story continues. According to sportwereld.be there is a link between the Fuentes dopering and an Italian dopingring. The story says Eddy Mazzoleni was the big man and Ivan Basso (Mazzoleni is married with Ivans sister) is part of the story.

http://www.sportwereld.be/Article/Detail.aspx?articleid=GG6VI682

Edit: original story is from El Pais, i publshed this one since my Dutch is far better than my Spanish..

2nd Edit: For people who can read German and want to know more about the Italian Oil for drugs case: http://www.cycling4fans.de/index.php?id=2491

cyclingheroes said:
Well the story continues. According to sportwereld.be there is a link between the Fuentes dopering and an Italian dopingring. The story says Eddy Mazzoleni was the big man and Ivan Basso (Mazzoleni is married with Ivans sister) is part of the story.

http://www.sportwereld.be/Article/Detail.aspx?articleid=GG6VI682

Edit: original story is from El Pais, i publshed this one since my Dutch is far better than my Spanish..

2nd Edit: For people who can read German and want to know more about the Italian Oil for drugs case: http://www.cycling4fans.de/index.php?id=2491
THanks for posting cyclingheroes, unfortunately my dutch is just like my Italian, non-existent :) .

People have suspected Mazzoleni is the friend of Brillo, since he has the connection between T-Mobile and Ivan Basso.