Full list of dope suspects published

Capt.Injury said:
THanks for posting cyclingheroes, unfortunately my dutch is just like my Italian, non-existent :) .

People have suspected Mazzoleni is the friend of Brillo, since he has the connection between T-Mobile and Ivan Basso.
The essentials of the sportwereld.be article:

The article is based on a El Pais article. It says that the prosecuter of Bergamo (Italy) is also investigating a doping ring. They think there is a link between the Fuentes and the Italian case. One of the links is Basso, his sister who is married with Eddy Mazzoleni. The paper writes that Mazzoleni is MZD in the Fuentes papers. The Italian police tipped the Guardia Civil about Fuentes.

Both cases started with the Oil for drugs operation by the prosecuter of Rom in which Di Lucas name also appeared (it was the reason he was banned in the TdF 2004). During the Rom investigation the Italian police taped a telephone call between Mazzoleni and Doctor Carlo Santuccione. Mazzoleni asked for doping substances for him and Elisa Basso.

cyclingheroes said:
The essentials of the sportwereld.be article:

The article is based on a El Pais article. It says that the prosecuter of Bergamo (Italy) is also investigating a doping ring. They think there is a link between the Fuentes and the Italian case. One of the links is Basso, his sister who is married with Eddy Mazzoleni. The paper writes that Mazzoleni is MZD in the Fuentes papers. The Italian police tipped the Guardia Civil about Fuentes.

Both cases started with the Oil for drugs operation by the prosecuter of Rom in which Di Lucas name also appeared (it was the reason he was banned in the TdF 2004). During the Rom investigation the Italian police taped a telephone call between Mazzoleni and Doctor Carlo Santuccione. Mazzoleni asked for doping substances for him and Elisa Basso.
What was the oil for drugs operation?

I feel ridiculuous asking this but has any journalist, rider or other confirmed that Basso's dog is Brillo?

wicklow200 said:
What was the oil for drugs operation?
It was a coordinated action of the Italian police in 29 Italian provinces. Police searched homes, offices and charged 15 pro riders, 77 U23 riders, 7 (hmm how do call that in English.. athletes?? runners??), 2 sport doctors, 5 drugstores, 9 DS's of amateur teams and several soigneurs.They found steroids, epo, Aranesp, Insulin and other substances. It was a follow up of searches in 2003 (with 700 policemen) after an amateur cyclist died.

More in German: http://www.cycling4fans.de/index.php?id=2491

cyclingheroes said:
Not to my knowledge...
Or maybe the dog is running around confused now, due to overnight change of name to "Spot"

Man! This is supposed to sport. Why do the animals have to suffer too?

cyclingheroes said:
It was a coordinated action of the Italian police in 29 Italian provinces. Police searched homes, offices and charged 15 pro riders, 77 U23 riders, 7 (hmm how do call that in English.. athletes?? runners??), 2 sport doctors, 5 drugstores, 9 DS's of amateur teams and several soigneurs.They found steroids, epo, Aranesp, Insulin and other substances. It was a follow up of searches in 2003 (with 700 policemen) after an amateur cyclist died.

More in German: http://www.cycling4fans.de/index.php?id=2491
OK thanks.

Sergio Paulihno, one of the 5 Astana riders who where cleared earlier this week will start at tomorrows cyclassics and the Tour of Germany:

Riders for Vattenfall Cyclassic: Carlos Barredo, Assan Bazayev, Andrey Kashechkin, Sergio Paulinho, Josá Antonio Redondo, Luis León Sánchez, Alexander Vinokourov, Sergey Yakovlev
Riders for Deutschland-Tour: same as above

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2006/jul06/jul29news

It's still not clear why Paulihno was one of the riders who was suspended for the TdF and why he is cleared now. It seems that either the sytem is still more corrupt than people think or that the Guardia Civil made mistakes identifying the riders...

This story is getting more strange every day: after the 5 Astana (former Saiz team) riders now all Valenciana riders are cleared.. Cyclingnews:

Comunidad Valenciana riders get all clear

By Antonio J. Salmerón

According to a document that Spanish newsagency Europa Press has had access to, all of the Comunidad Valenciana riders named in Operacion Puerto have been cleared of any involvement by Spanish court number 31. The court's secretary, Manuel Sanchez Martin, sent a document to the team dated July 28, which stated that the 13 Comunidad Valenciana riders "do not appear in the list of those implicated in Operación Puerto."

The riders included Vicente Ballester, David Bernabéu, David Blanco, Jose Adrián Bonilla, Javier Charro, Javier Gomis, David Latasa, Manuel Lloret, Jose Luis Martinez, David Muñoz, Antonio Olmo, Javier Pascual Rodriguez and Rubén Plaza. "There is nobody involved in any doping scandal," said the team's manager Vicente Belda to Europa Press.

Belda added that the team was going to pursue damages against Unipublic for excluding it from the Vuelta a España, although this will be not be done until September.

The news prompted a reaction from the Valencian government, which sponsors the team, and only recently announced it would withdraw its support. The government said it will honour its contractual obligations with Comunidad Valenciana until December 31.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2006/jul06/jul30news

cyclingheroes said:
This story is getting more strange every day: after the 5 Astana (former Saiz team) riders now all Valenciana riders are cleared..
Wasn't it Fuentes's phone conversations with Labarta that clued investigators in to the supposed Basso-Birillo codename link? Doesn't he implicate some of his own riders in these same conversations?

But now Valenciana are all getting to race again? With Basso still on the sidelines?

:confused:

What the heck is going on?

hollyandivy said:
Wasn't it Fuentes's phone conversations with Labarta that clued investigators in to the supposed Basso-Birillo codename link? Doesn't he implicate some of his own riders in these same conversations?

But now Valenciana are all getting to race again? With Basso still on the sidelines?

:confused:

What the heck is going on?
No Labarta didn't mention any Valenciana rider in his telephone conversations. It's one of the strange things in this case. Labarta spoke on the phone about lots of riders but never about riders of his own team. What if Labarta and Fuentes knew that the phone conversations where taped by the Guardia Civil (now that's ofcourse wild speculation) ??? I mean can you imagine you are an assistent DS and always talk about other riders with a guy like Fuentes and never about your own riders?

cyclingheroes said:
No Labarta didn't mention any Valenciana rider in his telephone conversations. It's one of the strange things in this case. Labarta spoke on the phone about lots of riders but never about riders of his own team. What if Labarta and Fuentes knew that the phone conversations where taped by the Guardia Civil (now that's ofcourse wild speculation) ??? I mean can you imagine you are an assistent DS and always talk about other riders with a guy like Fuentes and never about your own riders?
Italian media HAVE communicateD today that Caruso´s name has been cleared, too. Meanwhile it seems Fuentes had only two clients: Ullrich and Basso. The behaviour of Spanish authorities is absurd. And I wonder "Cui bono"

portia said:
Italian media HAVE communicateD today that Caruso´s name has been cleared, too. Meanwhile it seems Fuentes had only two clients: Ullrich and Basso. The behaviour of Spanish authorities is absurd. And I wonder "Cui bono"
Conspiracy:(to all FL fans and believers)

Spanish didn´t won tour for 10 years.
Guarda Civil blast to principal candidates. ( leaving Valverde among the prime favourites).
Valverde crashes.
Secret agent poison FL beer with tetsosterone pills.
Oscar pereiro win tour!

I think it is a better theory than some i heard in the last days.

jokes a part. i don´t believe it´s a guarda civil problem but french sport minister and tour organization that asked for information about the case without the case being properly finished by guarda civil.

portia said:
Source? Link?

cyclingheroes said:
Source? Link?
@acpinto: that´s a plausible explanation, politics, how could I forget!

@cyclingheroes : according to dailypeloton.com forums RAI has released the news.

portia said:
@acpinto: that´s a plausible explanation, politics, how could I forget!

@cyclingheroes : according to dailypeloton.com forums RAI has released the news.
This case is getting stranger by the day. I posted (on the Jan Ullrich thread) an interview with a member of the Swiss Olympic comitee who taking part in their task force that decide if Ullrichs case will go to the sports court. This man (i forgot his name) said well Ulrich could be convicted with just indications if we decide to take it to court. Than there was another report today where a boardmember of the Swiss cycling federation said well we have no information about the Ullrich case yet but if there are only indications it could be that he will be cleared....