Full list of dope suspects published

I am now officially placing a bet that no rider gets sanctioned due to Puerto, with the possible exception of Hamilton, who will be an easy for the UCI to throw under the bus.

Bro Deal said:
I am now officially placing a bet that no rider gets sanctioned due to Puerto, with the possible exception of Hamilton, who will be an easy for the UCI to throw under the bus.
That's gonna be a bad quote since i will place the same bet;) .

Bro Deal said:

Agreed.

This time last week our beloved UCI president told us that the dossiers would be completed and forwarded and that the cases would begin.

A week later and it seems to be falling apart : first Valenciana riders get cleared and now it looks like the other riders won't be reprimanded.

Remember this was all to save the blushes of LeTour.

Only LeTour has been destroyed from within due to stage 17.

Oh the ironies.

McQuid has said he is going to work with the police and won't rule out using hidden camera and the like to catch cheats ! He says the police of more power than the UCI and its the only way now....

He also said that if Landis's B sample is positive he will lose his Tour title....

http://www.eurosport.es/ciclismo/sport_sto934708.shtml

limerickman said:
Agreed.

This time last week our beloved UCI president told us that the dossiers would be completed and forwarded and that the cases would begin.

A week later and it seems to be falling apart : first Valenciana riders get cleared and now it looks like the other riders won't be reprimanded.

Remember this was all to save the blushes of LeTour.

Only LeTour has been destroyed from within due to stage 17.

Oh the ironies.

He should have lost it already. As they do in business and politics. If there is a question mark over propreity politicians step down until their name is cleared. If Landis won't step down the UCI or the tour organisers should stand him down and reinstate him if he clears his name.

The bid pity here is that the testing and sparring take so long.

If the positive test was available after say 12 hours, landis could have been removed from the tour and the real and deserving winner would have enjoyed his glory on the Champs.

mitosis said:
He should have lost it already. As they do in business and politics. If there is a question mark over propreity politicians step down until their name is cleared. If Landis won't step down the UCI or the tour organisers should stand him down and reinstate him if he clears his name.
The problem with that is that the full testing is not done. The B sample must be evaluated before a rider is found guilty. The real problem is that the UCI released the information of the failed A sample too soon. They were afraid it would have been leaked through the press, since the lab has a close relationship with the press (UCI's words). If the lab is that loose-lipped, maybe the UCI/ASO should find a different lab. (Please note: I am not saying there is a conspiracy to frame Landis by the lab. I just think they should exercise better control of the information)

mitosis said:
The bid pity here is that the testing and sparring take so long.

If the positive test was available after say 12 hours, landis could have been removed from the tour and the real and deserving winner would have enjoyed his glory on the Champs.
I agree. It would have been nice to find out the fate of the rider ASAP, and pull him from the race.

mitosis said:
Australia must be a paradise. In the states politicians have to be dragged out of office by their feet, even when they are accused of serious crimes. And businessmen, forgetaboutit, the firm lawyers up and hopes the complexity of the case makes it impossible for the prosecution to explain to a jury.

Bro Deal said:
Australia must be a paradise. In the states politicians have to be dragged out of office by their feet, even when they are accused of serious crimes. And businessmen, forgetaboutit, the firm lawyers up and hopes the complexity of the case makes it impossible for the prosecution to explain to a jury.

I'm not saying they are happy to step down. They sometimes need the weight of public opinion against them (to convince them that their reelection is at risk). And like Floyd they are not keen to step aside until there is overwhelming evidence of their guilt. But yes, that is the expectation.

mitosis said:

Err, I'm not sure Perreiro would be a "deserving" winner for some people, including myself. He would only have gotten the maillot jaune because of the stupid strategies of CSC and TM. Kloden would really be dissatisifed with TM DSs, if Perreiro ended up winning the maillot jaune!

I don't believe Perreiro has the excellent qualities of a cyclist required for somebody to be a deserving winner of the maillot jaune. To have Perreiro follow such a great champion as LA and be the next maillot jaune after LA's reign is ridiculous!

musette said:
I don't believe Perreiro has the excellent qualities of a cyclist required for somebody to be a deserving winner of the maillot jaune. To have Perreiro follow such a great champion as LA and be the next maillot jaune after LA's reign is ridiculous!
Maybe if Pereiro doped more he would be a worthy successor in your eyes, no? At least he has some qualities that Armstrong cannot get out of a bottle, namely class.

If--when is more likely--Landis is stripped then Pereiro will be a worthy winner. He fought hard to keep his position and if the other teams made mistakes then that is their problem.

Pablo_e said:
so the B sample will be announced today? :confused: thats fast...thought we should wait untill saturday or so.
Eurosport also said monday so i think the information is correct. There weher some other reports last week who said thursday or friday but i think it's gonna be today, Blick is normally very well informed about the insides of the Phonak team.

musette said:
Err, I'm not sure Perreiro would be a "deserving" winner for some people, including myself. He would only have gotten the maillot jaune because of the stupid strategies of CSC and TM. Kloden would really be dissatisifed with TM DSs, if Perreiro ended up winning the maillot jaune!

And a doped Landis is a deserving winner?

The winner is the one who has the shortest time for the bike race. If Landis cheated, Pereiro, poor team strategies or not, is the winner.

Whether you think he is deserving doesn't enter into it.

mitosis said:
And a doped Landis is a deserving winner?

The winner is the one who has the shortest time for the bike race. If Landis cheated, Pereiro, poor team strategies or not, is the winner.

Whether you think he is deserving doesn't enter into it.
+1. If landis doped then of course perreiro deserves it more than anyone else. They all had there chances, perreiro made the most of his.

dm69 said:
+1. If landis doped then of course perreiro deserves it more than anyone else. They all had there chances, perreiro made the most of his.
Agreed. It was a tactical mistake to let Pereiro take almost 30 minutes. Everybody knew he was the nummer 10 in GC (2004 and 2005). Especially considering the top 5 of 2005 didn't start this year. CSC and TM where sleeping. The price is high, if Landis B-probe is positive Pereiro deserve to win the TdF.

According to todays Spanish newspaper there is a link between a German doctor and Fuentes. The German state prosecuter of Bonn is considering to investigate the link. Bonn is the city where the TM headquarters are.

The report came on my ticker of DPA, which is the German pressagency:
dpa - Meldung vom 31.07.2006 15:34 Uhr

There where reports of a link between Fuentes and Germany before since Fuentes worked together with a doctor from Madrid who was playing a role in the court case against Thomas Springstein in Germany.

Edit: correction by DPA. The state-prosecuter of Bonn denied that they are investigating the case and they said they where not contacted by the Spanish authorities either. Seems at least parts of the El Pais story is a hoax.

cyclingheroes said:
Agreed. It was a tactical mistake to let Pereiro take almost 30 minutes. Everybody knew he was the nummer 10 in GC (2004 and 2005). Especially considering the top 5 of 2005 didn't start this year. CSC and TM where sleeping. The price is high, if Landis B-probe is positive Pereiro deserve to win the TdF.
Tactical mistake?
Both Eddy Mercxk and Bruyneel thought it made sense...for FLoyd.
Any guesses how much money switched hands for Periero to get the jersey for a few days?? For all we know Phonak PAID Ileas Baleares they were so weak. More likely a deal was cut, and as soon as Pereiro got the jersey he was like "Yeah FLoyd can get it back whenever he wants so whatever." What no one counted on was how resilient he would then become--as In Kloden and Sastre.

bobke said:
Tactical mistake?
Both Eddy Mercxk and Bruyneel thought it made sense...for FLoyd.
Any guesses how much money switched hands for Periero to get the jersey for a few days?? For all we know Phonak PAID Ileas Baleares they were so weak. More likely a deal was cut, and as soon as Pereiro got the jersey he was like "Yeah FLoyd can get it back whenever he wants so whatever." What no one counted on was how resilient he would then become--as In Kloden and Sastre.
I wrote TM and CSC where sleeping. It was a tactical mistake of TM and CSC...