Full sus bike

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Graham Haller, Oct 12, 2003.

  1. I'm looking to upgrade to a full sus, at least within the next 2 years so far the short list is:-

    Ellsworth Truth; Santa Cruze Blur; Santa Cruse Superlight; and Turner 02.

    Any one got any additions or faults/praise for the current list????

    Tags:

  2. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    "Graham Haller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I'm looking to upgrade to a full sus, at least within the next 2 years so far the short list is:-
    >
    > Ellsworth Truth; Santa Cruze Blur; Santa Cruse Superlight; and Turner 02.
    >
    > Any one got any additions or faults/praise for the current list????

    You might want to mention your height, weight, riding style and terrain.

    I would also remove Ellsworth from your list... that man needs to be put out of business or learn
    what customer service means, IMO.
    --
    Slacker

  3. Mtbscottie

    Mtbscottie Guest

    >Subject: Full sus bike From: "Graham Haller" [email protected] Date: 10/12/2003 3:05 PM
    >Eastern Daylight Time Message-id: <[email protected]>
    >
    >I'm looking to upgrade to a full sus, at least within the next 2 years so far the short list is:-
    >
    >Ellsworth Truth; Santa Cruze Blur; Santa Cruse Superlight; and Turner 02.
    >
    >Any one got any additions or faults/praise for the current list????

    Two years from now, those models either may not be available or may have changed radically, along
    with being replaced by some new radical technology

  4. Scottie says:

    >Two years from now, those models either may not be available or may have changed radically, along
    >with being replaced by some new radical technology

    Well, DUH! However, in the meantime, he's keeping his eyes on what IS available. If you would like
    to present us with the lineup for 2006, so that he can keep current with what will be available when
    he's ready, be my guest.

    Steve "not holding his breath..."

  5. Pat

    Pat Guest

    x-no-archive:yes

    "Graham Haller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I'm looking to upgrade to a full sus, at least within the next 2 years so far the short list is:-
    >
    > Ellsworth Truth; Santa Cruze Blur; Santa Cruse Superlight; and Turner 02.
    >
    > Any one got any additions or faults/praise for the current list????

    Rocky Mountain

    Slayer, ETSX-70, ETSX-50

    Pat in TX

  6. x

    x Guest

    RE/
    >I'm looking to upgrade to a full sus, at least within the next 2 years so far the short list is:-

    You didn't mention height/weight, but at last one of those bikes isn't suitable for someone 6'4" or
    over - even in the largest frame size available.
    --
    PeteCresswell

  7. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 21:23:22 +0000, (Pete Cresswell) wrote:

    > RE/
    >>I'm looking to upgrade to a full sus, at least within the next 2 years so far the short list is:-
    >
    > You didn't mention height/weight, but at last one of those bikes isn't suitable for someone 6'4"
    > or over - even in the largest frame size available.

    The Superlight has a weight limit of 190 lbs too, IIRC.

    --
    a.m-b FAQ: http://www.j-harris.net/bike/ambfaq.htm

  8. Giant VT 1-3
    :)
    I'm getting the VT3 :) CS "Pat" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > x-no-archive:yes
    >
    > "Graham Haller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > I'm looking to upgrade to a full sus, at least within the next 2 years so far the short
    > > list is:-
    > >
    > > Ellsworth Truth; Santa Cruze Blur; Santa Cruse Superlight; and Turner 02.
    > >
    > > Any one got any additions or faults/praise for the current list????
    >
    > Rocky Mountain
    >
    > Slayer, ETSX-70, ETSX-50
    >
    > Pat in TX

  9. Westie

    Westie Guest

    "Splat Graphics" <[email protected]"NOSPAM"sympatico.ca> wrote in message <snip>
    > Giant VT 1-3

    A VT? Not really in the same company as a Blur or Ellsworth, is it?
    --
    Westie (Replace 'invalid' with 'yahoo' when replying.)

  10. Per LöWdin

    Per LöWdin Guest

    > Ellsworth Truth; Santa Cruze Blur; Santa Cruse Superlight; and Turner 02.

    Titus Switchblade or Racer X Per http://www.lowdin.nu

  11. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    "Per Löwdin" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Ellsworth Truth; Santa Cruze Blur; Santa Cruse Superlight; and Turner 02.
    >
    > Titus Switchblade or Racer X

    Turner - Spademan loves his, and it is an excellent bike, plus, even smelly old Jock Duff gives them
    the thumbs-up.

    Shaun aRe

  12. On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 19:05:44 +0000 (UTC), "Graham Haller" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I'm looking to upgrade to a full sus, at least within the next 2 years so far the short list is:-
    >
    >Ellsworth Truth; Santa Cruze Blur; Santa Cruse Superlight; and Turner 02.
    >
    >Any one got any additions or faults/praise for the current list????

    I love my Giant VT1. Ride as many bikes as you can get your hands on, then decide.

    Barry

  13. Jd

    Jd Guest

    "Graham Haller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I'm looking to upgrade to a full sus, at least within the next 2 years so far the short list is:-
    >
    > Ellsworth Truth;

    crap company to deal with

    > Santa Cruze Blur; Santa Cruse Superlight;

    shitty design, fab and materials

    > and Turner 02.

    ok

    > Any one got any additions or faults/praise for the current list????

    see above

    JD

  14. No problem there!! I'm only 5'6" and 9st 10lb

    "bomba" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:p[email protected]...
    > On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 21:23:22 +0000, (Pete Cresswell) wrote:
    >
    > > RE/
    > >>I'm looking to upgrade to a full sus, at least within the next 2 years so far the short
    > >>list is:-
    > >
    > > You didn't mention height/weight, but at last one of those bikes isn't
    suitable
    > > for someone 6'4" or over - even in the largest frame size available.
    >
    > The Superlight has a weight limit of 190 lbs too, IIRC.
    >
    > --
    > a.m-b FAQ: http://www.j-harris.net/bike/ambfaq.htm
    >
    > a.bmx FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/bmx_faq.htm

  15. Jd

    Jd Guest

    [email protected] (MTBScottie) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > >Subject: Full sus bike From: "Graham Haller" [email protected] Date: 10/12/2003 3:05 PM
    > >Eastern Daylight Time Message-id: <[email protected]>
    > >
    > >I'm looking to upgrade to a full sus, at least within the next 2 years so far the short list is:-
    > >
    > >Ellsworth Truth; Santa Cruze Blur; Santa Cruse Superlight; and Turner 02.
    > >
    > >Any one got any additions or faults/praise for the current list????
    > >
    > Two years from now, those models either may not be available or may have changed radically, along
    > with being replaced by some new radical technology

    More words of stupidity from the king of idiots.

    JD

  16. "Graham Haller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I'm looking to upgrade to a full sus, at least within the next 2 years so far the short list is:-
    >
    > Ellsworth Truth; Santa Cruze Blur; Santa Cruse Superlight; and Turner 02.
    >
    > Any one got any additions or faults/praise for the current list????

    No experience with the O2 but I have a Turner RFX and its superb, the basic design hasn't changed
    for 9 years.

    Steve.

  17. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    > "Graham Haller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > I'm looking to upgrade to a full sus, at least within the next 2 years so far the short
    > > list is:-
    > >
    > > Ellsworth Truth;
    >
    > crap company to deal with
    >
    > > Santa Cruze Blur; Santa Cruse Superlight;
    >
    > shitty design, fab and materials
    >
    > > and Turner 02.
    >
    > ok
    >
    > > Any one got any additions or faults/praise for the current list????
    >
    > see above
    >
    > JD

    I saw my first La Bruja in person last weekend. One of the guys who works for Snowshoe rides/races
    sport DH on it. Beauty of a bike. Graham should add it (or one of their other rides) to his list.

    http://www.ventanausa.com

    Mike

  18. Jd

    Jd Guest

    "spademan o---[\) *" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Graham Haller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > I'm looking to upgrade to a full sus, at least within the next 2 years so far the short
    > > list is:-
    > >
    > > Ellsworth Truth; Santa Cruze Blur; Santa Cruse Superlight; and Turner 02.
    > >
    > > Any one got any additions or faults/praise for the current list????
    > >

    > No experience with the O2 but I have a Turner RFX and its superb, the basic design hasn't changed
    > for 9 years.

    But that can't be because the magazine reading am-b jester, howdie spankie wrote this: "Two years
    from now, those models either may not be available or may have changed radically, along with being
    replaced by some new radical technology" and he thinks he's always right.

    JD

  19. MTBScottie

    MTBScottie Guest

    [email protected] (Stephen Baker) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Scottie says:
    >
    > >Two years from now, those models either may not be available or may have changed radically, along
    > >with being replaced by some new radical technology
    >
    > Well, DUH! However, in the meantime, he's keeping his eyes on what IS available. If you would like
    > to present us with the lineup for 2006, so that he can keep current with what will be available
    > when he's ready, be my guest.
    >
    > Steve "not holding his breath..."

    Thanks for your response, you make as much sense as asking about a model that is available now but
    may not be purchased for up to two years from now.

  20. "Michael Dart" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > > "Graham Haller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > > I'm looking to upgrade to a full sus, at least within the next 2 years so far the short list
    > > > is:-
    > > >
    > > > Ellsworth Truth;
    > >
    > > crap company to deal with
    > >
    > > > Santa Cruze Blur; Santa Cruse Superlight;
    > >
    > > shitty design, fab and materials
    > >
    > > > and Turner 02.
    > >
    > > ok
    > >
    > > > Any one got any additions or faults/praise for the current list????
    > >
    > > see above
    > >
    > > JD
    >
    > I saw my first La Bruja in person last weekend. One of the guys who works for Snowshoe rides/races
    > sport DH on it. Beauty of a bike. Graham should add it (or one of their other rides) to his list.
    >
    > http://www.ventanausa.com
    >
    > Mike

    Not to keen on the look of the 'La Bruja' but the 'El Fuego' and 'El Saltamontes' certainly look
    interesting..