Full sus bike

Status

Graham Haller

Guest
I'm looking to upgrade to a full sus, at least within the next 2 years so far the short list is:-

Ellsworth Truth; Santa Cruze Blur; Santa Cruse Superlight; and Turner 02.

Any one got any additions or faults/praise for the current list????

"Graham Haller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I'm looking to upgrade to a full sus, at least within the next 2 years so far the short list is:-
>
> Ellsworth Truth; Santa Cruze Blur; Santa Cruse Superlight; and Turner 02.
>
> Any one got any additions or faults/praise for the current list????

You might want to mention your height, weight, riding style and terrain.

I would also remove Ellsworth from your list... that man needs to be put out of business or learn
what customer service means, IMO.
--
Slacker

>Subject: Full sus bike From: "Graham Haller" [email protected] Date: 10/12/2003 3:05 PM
>Eastern Daylight Time Message-id: <[email protected]>
>
>I'm looking to upgrade to a full sus, at least within the next 2 years so far the short list is:-
>
>Ellsworth Truth; Santa Cruze Blur; Santa Cruse Superlight; and Turner 02.
>
>Any one got any additions or faults/praise for the current list????

Two years from now, those models either may not be available or may have changed radically, along
with being replaced by some new radical technology

Scottie says:

>Two years from now, those models either may not be available or may have changed radically, along
>with being replaced by some new radical technology

Well, DUH! However, in the meantime, he's keeping his eyes on what IS available. If you would like
to present us with the lineup for 2006, so that he can keep current with what will be available when
he's ready, be my guest.

Steve "not holding his breath..."

x-no-archive:yes

"Graham Haller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I'm looking to upgrade to a full sus, at least within the next 2 years so far the short list is:-
>
> Ellsworth Truth; Santa Cruze Blur; Santa Cruse Superlight; and Turner 02.
>
> Any one got any additions or faults/praise for the current list????

Rocky Mountain

Slayer, ETSX-70, ETSX-50

Pat in TX

RE/
>I'm looking to upgrade to a full sus, at least within the next 2 years so far the short list is:-

You didn't mention height/weight, but at last one of those bikes isn't suitable for someone 6'4" or
over - even in the largest frame size available.
--
PeteCresswell

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 21:23:22 +0000, (Pete Cresswell) wrote:

> RE/
>>I'm looking to upgrade to a full sus, at least within the next 2 years so far the short list is:-
>
> You didn't mention height/weight, but at last one of those bikes isn't suitable for someone 6'4"
> or over - even in the largest frame size available.

The Superlight has a weight limit of 190 lbs too, IIRC.

--
a.m-b FAQ: http://www.j-harris.net/bike/ambfaq.htm

Giant VT 1-3
:)
news:[email protected]...

"Splat Graphics" <splatgraphics@"NOSPAM"sympatico.ca> wrote in message <snip>
> Giant VT 1-3

A VT? Not really in the same company as a Blur or Ellsworth, is it?
--
Westie (Replace 'invalid' with 'yahoo' when replying.)

"Per Löwdin" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > Ellsworth Truth; Santa Cruze Blur; Santa Cruse Superlight; and Turner 02.
>
> Titus Switchblade or Racer X

Turner - Spademan loves his, and it is an excellent bike, plus, even smelly old Jock Duff gives them
the thumbs-up.

Shaun aRe

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 19:05:44 +0000 (UTC), "Graham Haller" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I'm looking to upgrade to a full sus, at least within the next 2 years so far the short list is:-
>
>Ellsworth Truth; Santa Cruze Blur; Santa Cruse Superlight; and Turner 02.
>
>Any one got any additions or faults/praise for the current list????

I love my Giant VT1. Ride as many bikes as you can get your hands on, then decide.

Barry

**** company to deal with

> Santa Cruze Blur; Santa Cruse Superlight;

shitty design, fab and materials

> and Turner 02.

ok

> Any one got any additions or faults/praise for the current list????

see above

JD

No problem there!! I'm only 5'6" and 9st 10lb

"bomba" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:p[email protected]...
> On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 21:23:22 +0000, (Pete Cresswell) wrote:
>
> > RE/
> >>I'm looking to upgrade to a full sus, at least within the next 2 years so far the short
> >>list is:-
> >
> > You didn't mention height/weight, but at last one of those bikes isn't
suitable
> > for someone 6'4" or over - even in the largest frame size available.
>
> The Superlight has a weight limit of 190 lbs too, IIRC.
>
> --
> a.m-b FAQ: http://www.j-harris.net/bike/ambfaq.htm
>
> a.bmx FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/bmx_faq.htm

[email protected] (MTBScottie) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> >Subject: Full sus bike From: "Graham Haller" [email protected] Date: 10/12/2003 3:05 PM
> >Eastern Daylight Time Message-id: <[email protected]>
> >
> >I'm looking to upgrade to a full sus, at least within the next 2 years so far the short list is:-
> >
> >Ellsworth Truth; Santa Cruze Blur; Santa Cruse Superlight; and Turner 02.
> >
> >Any one got any additions or faults/praise for the current list????
> >
> Two years from now, those models either may not be available or may have changed radically, along
> with being replaced by some new radical technology

More words of stupidity from the king of idiots.

JD

"Graham Haller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I'm looking to upgrade to a full sus, at least within the next 2 years so far the short list is:-
>
> Ellsworth Truth; Santa Cruze Blur; Santa Cruse Superlight; and Turner 02.
>
> Any one got any additions or faults/praise for the current list????

No experience with the O2 but I have a Turner RFX and its superb, the basic design hasn't changed
for 9 years.

Steve.

> "Graham Haller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > I'm looking to upgrade to a full sus, at least within the next 2 years so far the short
> > list is:-
> >
> > Ellsworth Truth;
>
> **** company to deal with
>
> > Santa Cruze Blur; Santa Cruse Superlight;
>
> shitty design, fab and materials
>
> > and Turner 02.
>
> ok
>
> > Any one got any additions or faults/praise for the current list????
>
> see above
>
> JD

I saw my first La Bruja in person last weekend. One of the guys who works for Snowshoe rides/races
sport DH on it. Beauty of a bike. Graham should add it (or one of their other rides) to his list.

http://www.ventanausa.com

Mike

"spademan o---[\) *" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> "Graham Haller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > I'm looking to upgrade to a full sus, at least within the next 2 years so far the short
> > list is:-
> >
> > Ellsworth Truth; Santa Cruze Blur; Santa Cruse Superlight; and Turner 02.
> >
> > Any one got any additions or faults/praise for the current list????
> >

> No experience with the O2 but I have a Turner RFX and its superb, the basic design hasn't changed
> for 9 years.

But that can't be because the magazine reading am-b jester, howdie spankie wrote this: "Two years
from now, those models either may not be available or may have changed radically, along with being
replaced by some new radical technology" and he thinks he's always right.

JD

[email protected] (Stephen Baker) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Scottie says:
>
> >Two years from now, those models either may not be available or may have changed radically, along
> >with being replaced by some new radical technology
>
> Well, DUH! However, in the meantime, he's keeping his eyes on what IS available. If you would like
> to present us with the lineup for 2006, so that he can keep current with what will be available
> when he's ready, be my guest.
>
> Steve "not holding his breath..."

Thanks for your response, you make as much sense as asking about a model that is available now but
may not be purchased for up to two years from now.

> > "Graham Haller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > > I'm looking to upgrade to a full sus, at least within the next 2 years so far the short list
> > > is:-
> > >
> > > Ellsworth Truth;
> >
> > **** company to deal with
> >
> > > Santa Cruze Blur; Santa Cruse Superlight;
> >
> > shitty design, fab and materials
> >
> > > and Turner 02.
> >
> > ok
> >
> > > Any one got any additions or faults/praise for the current list????
> >
> > see above
> >
> > JD
>
> I saw my first La Bruja in person last weekend. One of the guys who works for Snowshoe rides/races
> sport DH on it. Beauty of a bike. Graham should add it (or one of their other rides) to his list.
>
> http://www.ventanausa.com
>
> Mike

Not to keen on the look of the 'La Bruja' but the 'El Fuego' and 'El Saltamontes' certainly look
interesting..

Status
Not open for further replies.