Full suspension MTB recommendations

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by tasdigi, Apr 7, 2003.

  1. tasdigi

    tasdigi New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 7, 2003
    Hi Everyone,
    The last MTB I purchased was a Diamond Back back in 1995 for $1300.
    I have decided to update to a full suspension MTB.
    Could anybody make any recommendations to brand and model?
    I mainly ride fire trails or designated tracks here in Southern Tasmania.
    Would prefer to spend less than $2000, if possible.
    All responses will be appreciated.

    Tags:

  2. A - J - S

    A - J - S Guest

    Have a look at the Giant NRS series. Excellent value for money with out compromising on design. The
    NRS system works and works well. I have plenty of reviews on them but at the moment no working
    scanner :(

    AJS

    "tasdigi" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi Everyone, The last MTB I purchased was a Diamond Back back in 1995 for $1300. I have decided to
    > update to a full suspension MTB. Could anybody make any recommendations to brand and model? I
    > mainly ride fire trails or designated tracks here in Southern Tasmania. Would prefer to spend less
    > than $2000, if possible. All responses will be appreciated.

  3. andy

    andy Guest

    The only prob with these bikes is that the rear suspension locks up under braking and the become
    like an hardtail. That is prbably why xc guys like them. Other than that they are a good value
    xc dualie.

    A - J - S wrote:

    > Have a look at the Giant NRS series. Excellent value for money with out compromising on design.
    > The NRS system works and works well. I have plenty of reviews on them but at the moment no working
    > scanner :(
    >
    > AJS
    >
    > "tasdigi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Hi Everyone, The last MTB I purchased was a Diamond Back back in 1995 for $1300. I have decided
    > > to update to a full suspension MTB. Could anybody make any recommendations to brand and model? I
    > > mainly ride fire trails or designated tracks here in Southern Tasmania. Would prefer to spend
    > > less than $2000, if possible. All responses will be appreciated.
    > >

    > > --

  4. A - J - S

    A - J - S Guest

    They do what they are designed to do. You can also tweak the suspension behaviour to a large degree.

    http://www.giant-bicycles.com/au/050.000.000/050.010.000.asp?sPageID=050.010 .000

    AJS

    > The only prob with these bikes is that the rear suspension locks up under braking and the become
    > like an hardtail. That is prbably why xc guys like them. Other than that they are a good value
    > xc dualie.
    >

    > A - J - S wrote:
    > >
    > > Have a look at the Giant NRS series. Excellent value for money with out compromising on design.
    > > The NRS system works and works well. I have plenty of reviews on them
    but at
    > > the moment no working scanner :(
    > >
    > > AJS
    > >
    > > "tasdigi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > Hi Everyone, The last MTB I purchased was a Diamond Back back in 1995 for $1300. I have
    > > > decided to update to a full suspension MTB. Could anybody make any recommendations to brand
    > > > and model? I mainly ride
    fire
    > > > trails or designated tracks here in Southern Tasmania. Would prefer to spend less than $2000,
    > > > if possible. All responses will be appreciated.
    > > >

    > > > --

  5. Mica

    Mica Guest

    frame testing. http://www.efbe.de/etour109.htm

    "tasdigi" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi Everyone, The last MTB I purchased was a Diamond Back back in 1995 for $1300. I have decided to
    > update to a full suspension MTB. Could anybody make any recommendations to brand and model? I
    > mainly ride fire trails or designated tracks here in Southern Tasmania. Would prefer to spend less
    > than $2000, if possible. All responses will be appreciated.

  6. Mica

    Mica Guest

    frame testing. http://www.efbe.de/etour109.htm

    "A - J - S" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Have a look at the Giant NRS series. Excellent value for money with out compromising on design.
    > The NRS system works and works well. I have plenty of reviews on them but
    at
    > the moment no working scanner :(
    >

    > AJS
    >

    > "tasdigi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Hi Everyone, The last MTB I purchased was a Diamond Back back in 1995 for $1300. I have decided
    > > to update to a full suspension MTB. Could anybody make any recommendations to brand and model? I
    > > mainly ride fire trails or designated tracks here in Southern Tasmania. Would prefer to spend
    > > less than $2000, if possible. All responses will be appreciated.
    > >

    > > --

  7. tasdigi

    tasdigi New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 7, 2003
    Thank you to everybody that responded to my enquiry.
    I will be purchasing a NRS 1 with XT components.

  8. tasdigi

    tasdigi New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 7, 2003

    That should read NRS 3 not NRS 1 .

  9. "Mica" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > frame testing. http://www.efbe.de/etour109.htm

    If you can make any sense of the bastardised 'Gerglish' used in this article then good luck to you.
    Don't know what the relevance of it is anyhow. They were not testing full suspension frames at all
    (the test they seem to focus on is irrelevant to FS frames) and the bikes they did test are mostly
    never heard of in Australia.

    The post is a waste of space. Stop nagging the newsgroup.

    Cheers Peter