full suspension or frontal suspension?

sameershah

Oct 12, 2010
Hi friends, I was recently checking out some bikes on the internet. Some of the models came with full suspension and frontal suspension. Does anyone know what it exactly means?

[SIZE= 11pt]hey, [/SIZE][SIZE= 9.5pt]full suspension[/SIZE][SIZE= 9.5pt] [/SIZE][SIZE= 9.5pt]bikes provide shock absorption for the front and rear wheels; and[/SIZE][SIZE= 9.5pt] [/SIZE][SIZE= 9.5pt]front suspension bikes[/SIZE][SIZE= 9.5pt] [/SIZE][SIZE= 9.5pt]only with shocks arising from the front wheel. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 9.5pt]Being a seasoned biker, I would advise you to go for full suspension as you seem a beginner to me. However, if you want to do some mountain biking then go for frontal suspension found mainly in mountain bikes.[/SIZE]

I was recently checking out some bikes on the internet. Some of the models came with full suspension and frontal suspension. Does anyone know what it exactly means?
Your riding conditions should dictate the type of suspension (if any) that you choose.

The quality of the suspension is dictated by the rear shock (on a Full Suspension bike) & the Fork ...

• Some Suspension Forks cost more than some bikes -- I would say that the "typical" Suspension Fork on a GOOD MTB will retail for more than $400(US) if bought separately.

The rear suspension AND shock can be energy sappers if the bike bobs while you peddle.

• The cost of some rear shocks probably exceeds the cost of the KONI shocks used on Ferraris (fortunately, you only need one for a MTB).