full suspension or frontal suspension?

Discussion in 'Bike buying advice' started by sameershah, Oct 12, 2010.

1. sameershah

sameershah New Member

Hi friends, I was recently checking out some bikes on the internet. Some of the models came with full suspension and frontal suspension. Does anyone know what it exactly means?

Tags:

2. thejimmy

thejimmy New Member

[SIZE= 11pt]hey, [/SIZE][SIZE= 9.5pt]full suspension[/SIZE][SIZE= 9.5pt] [/SIZE][SIZE= 9.5pt]bikes provide shock absorption for the front and rear wheels; and[/SIZE][SIZE= 9.5pt] [/SIZE][SIZE= 9.5pt]front suspension bikes[/SIZE][SIZE= 9.5pt] [/SIZE][SIZE= 9.5pt]only with shocks arising from the front wheel. [/SIZE]

3. sameershah

sameershah New Member

[SIZE= 9.5pt]Thanks. But which one is better?[/SIZE]

4. thejimmy

thejimmy New Member

[SIZE= 9.5pt]Being a seasoned biker, I would advise you to go for full suspension as you seem a beginner to me. However, if you want to do some mountain biking then go for frontal suspension found mainly in mountain bikes.[/SIZE]

5. sameershah

sameershah New Member

Thanks.Can you recommend me a good mountain bike?

6. alfeng

alfeng Well-Known Member

Your riding conditions should dictate the type of suspension (if any) that you choose.

The quality of the suspension is dictated by the rear shock (on a Full Suspension bike) & the Fork ...

• Some Suspension Forks cost more than some bikes -- I would say that the "typical" Suspension Fork on a GOOD MTB will retail for more than $400(US) if bought separately.

The rear suspension AND shock can be energy sappers if the bike bobs while you peddle.

• The cost of some rear shocks probably exceeds the cost of the KONI shocks used on Ferraris (fortunately, you only need one for a MTB).