Fun at Ft Benning, GA

linck

Dec 31, 2006
I rode 21 miles yesterday along the chatahoochee river walk in Columbus GA, the trail was suppossed to be 20 miles or something but I rode till there was no trail left. it ended at about 8.9 miles. I thought it was cool getting to the end my first bench mark in cycling. I maintained a 17.4 MPH speed. Had some cool parts on it too, a covered bridge, and a couple of sharp turns. well now I guess I have to find somewhere else to ride since there will be nothing new on that trail. Just thought it was cool.

I've always wanted to ride there, it's about an hour and a half for me so I'm never inclined to drive that far just to ride a short trail. I absolutely love the silver comet trail (especially between Rockmart and Powder Springs).

Last time I was at Benning I was exiting the door in the late 70's. Damn I'm getting old.
The Silver Comet is coming along nicely. I took it to the west end last weekend. The young lady I was with had an accident and injured her arm and shoulder. Soon, we make it all the way to Alabama.

OoAmericanGirl said:
I've always wanted to ride there, it's about an hour and a half for me so I'm never inclined to drive that far just to ride a short trail. I absolutely love the silver comet trail (especially between Rockmart and Powder Springs).
where is this silver comet trail and how long is it. I just started cycling and don't have anyone to ride with or don't know any good trails. Lately I've just been riding around FT Benning. I've looked into the local cycling clubs but they do all their rides in the evening. I work nights sun - thur. So I ride every morning. Even though I'm by myself i still have fun.

It runs from Smyrna and, right now, goes west to the outskirts of Cedartown. Word is that before Winter the Alabama trail and the Georgia trail will meet. Its a good ride, sometimes the walkers and the aerobar crowd get in the way, but its OK.