Fun Quote

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Ken Prager, Oct 14, 2003.

  1. Ken Prager

    Ken Prager Guest

    From INFOCICLISMO...

    Pepe Quiles, regarding Oscar Sevilla:

    "He hasn't even called me to tell me, neither him nor his representative. They should feel ashamed
    and that's why they don't call. I've had the contract ready for signing for a month and he has been
    prolonguing it. Now I will have to see what I do with it, if I'll wipe my ass with them or what."

    --
    Remove _me_ for e-mail address

    Tags:

  2. Nick Burns

    Nick Burns Guest

    Ken Prager wrote:
    > From INFOCICLISMO...
    >
    > Pepe Quiles, regarding Oscar Sevilla:
    >
    > "He hasn't even called me to tell me, neither him nor his representative. They should feel
    > ashamed and that's why they don't call. I've had the contract ready for signing for a month and
    > he has been prolonguing it. Now I will have to see what I do with it, if I'll wipe my ass with
    > them or what."

    Those Spaniards are the biggest phonies when it comes to this stuff. Kelme is the worst. Does anyone
    remember any time a guy left Kelme where there wasn't accusations flying back and forth?

    In interviews, they seem to understand their place in the peloton. They don't have big bucks for
    salaries, so they look for up and coming talent. When the dude outgrows the team, he goes looking
    for a raise. So what? Why would Kelme expect these guys to hang around if they don't have the
    dollars to invest? What is so bad about their return on investment? They have done really great the
    last few years. They have to be more realistic when the inevitable happens.

    He also complained elsewhere (cyclingnews?) that his team was doomed because the whole thing was
    built around Sevilla. I am sure they will be fine.

    Keep in mind I do appreciate they are the longest running team sponsor currently in the sport by a
    long shot. I am sure they are selling plenty of zapatos because of the teams media exposure.

  3. "Nick Burns" <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > Ken Prager wrote:
    >> From INFOCICLISMO...
    >>
    >> Pepe Quiles, regarding Oscar Sevilla:
    >>
    >> "He hasn't even called me to tell me, neither him nor his representative. They should feel
    >> ashamed and that's why they don't call. I've had the contract ready for signing for a month and
    >> he has been prolonguing it. Now I will have to see what I do with it, if I'll wipe my ass with
    >> them or what."
    >
    > Those Spaniards are the biggest phonies when it comes to this stuff. Kelme is the worst. Does
    > anyone remember any time a guy left Kelme where there wasn't accusations flying back and forth?
    >

    > In interviews, they seem to understand their place in the peloton. They don't have big bucks for
    > salaries, so they look for up and coming talent. When the dude outgrows the team, he goes looking
    > for a raise. So what? Why would Kelme expect these guys to hang around if they don't have the
    > dollars to invest? What is so bad about their return on investment? They have done really great
    > the last few years. They have to be more realistic when the inevitable happens.
    >

    > He also complained elsewhere (cyclingnews?) that his team was doomed because the whole thing was
    > built around Sevilla. I am sure they will be fine.
    >

    > Keep in mind I do appreciate they are the longest running team sponsor currently in the sport by a
    > long shot. I am sure they are selling plenty of zapatos because of the teams media exposure.

    is it just me or should Kelme be called the expos?

  4. Ken Prager <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<Le%[email protected]>...
    > From INFOCICLISMO...
    >
    > Pepe Quiles, regarding Oscar Sevilla:
    >
    > "He hasn't even called me to tell me, neither him nor his representative. They should feel
    > ashamed and that's why they don't call. I've had the contract ready for signing for a month and
    > he has been prolonguing it. Now I will have to see what I do with it, if I'll wipe my ass with
    > them or what."

    Kelme's budget is even smaller than we thought.

    -RJ