fun with demographics

In article <[email protected]>, one of infinite monkeys at the keyboard
of "Mr R@t \(2.3 zulu-alpha\) [comms room new build]" <[email protected]> wrote:

> - all cyclists
> - those who are working in academia of some sort in high level research
> - those in an equivalent "research" (i.e. internal customer-facing) position in the private sector
> in a tech-based SME
> - higher level (i.e. real technical people, not just helpdesk droids) IT staff
> - other scientists and "brainy" people (Doctors, medical or otherwise and the like)
> - Linux users
> - males with beards

Been all of those at some time in my life. Still am some of them.

Some more: Sandals wearers? Vegetarians and other ethical consumers? People without a TV?

> I think there is a very high set intersection in all these categories; with some clearly fitting
> into more than one set ;)

Indeedie, seems likely.

--
Wear your paunch with pride!

Just zis Guy, you know? <[email protected]> wrote:

> Mr R@t (2.3 zulu-alpha) [comms room new build] wrote:
>
> > - all cyclists
>
> I'm all cyclist, alright!

So am I

> > - those who are working in academia of some sort in high level research
>
> No

no too

> > - those in an equivalent "research" (i.e. internal customer-facing) position in the private
> > sector in a tech-based SME
>
> No - well, I am customer-facing, but not in that sense. I do systems design and analysis, and
> application design. And stuff. Lots of "stuff" :)

That's me too

> > - higher level (i.e. real technical people, not just helpdesk droids) IT staff
>
> That would be me :)

that's me as well

> > - other scientists and "brainy" people (Doctors, medical or otherwise and the like)
>
> Nah - thick as two short planks. IQ not much over 150, as last measured.

never measured. I don't want to be found out.

> > - Linux users
>
> Guilty as charged :-D Also Mac user, if that counts.

And VMS. Definitely no billyware.

> > - males with beards
>
> Perrish the thort.

Unhairy

> --
> Guy
> ===

sig. delimiter seems to be broke - must be OE!

news:<[email protected]>...
> David Damerell wrote:
>
> >> - males with beards
> > Real ale drinkers?
>
> Same thing, surely?

<courtroom>

Objection, your honour!

</courtroom>

Despite a liking for "proper" beer, I'm definitely not bearded (but will admit to having skipped a
shave this morning). Will readily own up, though, to (a) being a cyclist and (b) being engaged in
academic research as per the list in the very first post. Not a Dr. yet, though, but hope (fingers
crossed) to remedy that by this autumn!

David E. Belcher

Dept. of Chemistry, University of York