Funding sources?

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by John Hearns, Mar 12, 2005.

  1. John Hearns

    John Hearns Guest

    Does anyone have good pointers to funding sources, eg, grants,
    for cycling projects?

    Also if anyone has pictures of good bike lockers, specifically
    the cages at Barnes Wetlands Centre or similar please could I have
    a pointer to a URL?

    The project is to build a secure bike shed for a local primary school.

    Tags:

  2. On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 08:17:19 +0000, John Hearns <[email protected]>
    wrote in message <[email protected]>:

    >Does anyone have good pointers to funding sources, eg, grants,
    >for cycling projects?
    >The project is to build a secure bike shed for a local primary school.

    There is a fund for sustainable transport projects in schools, I think
    it's called TravelWise. Your local education office should be able to
    give you details of how to apply.

    Guy
    --
    http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

    simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken

  3. John Hearns wrote:

    > Does anyone have good pointers to funding sources, eg, grants,
    > for cycling projects?
    >
    > Also if anyone has pictures of good bike lockers, specifically
    > the cages at Barnes Wetlands Centre or similar please could I have
    > a pointer to a URL?
    >
    > The project is to build a secure bike shed for a local primary school.

    Are you in London? There may be TfL funding if so.

    All schools are encouraged to produce green travel plans. When they
    do, they get £5000 of funding for travel improvements. That would buy
    a small secure bike shed - or lots of Sheffield stands. Your local
    council should know about this.

    The bikeaway locker is good but stores the bike upright - hard for
    children with heavy suspended bikes. Bykebin is a plastic box. But for
    primary school a lockable compound should be secure enough and much
    easier to administer than separate lockers.

    Colin McKenzie