Funniest Thing I've Seen On A Bike

decca234uk

Jan 18, 2010
What's the funniest thing you've witnessed on a bike? Here's mine. I was driving with my wife to the supermarket a few months ago when I had to stop for the lights. As I sat waiting a cyclist came up beside me and moved towards a bollard at the side of the lights. He didn't unclip from his peddles. He reached out his hand towards the bollard with the intention of using it to keep him upright while the lights changed.
As soon as he put his weight onto the bollard it crumpled beneath him like wet rolled up paper.
It was a rubber bollard designed to pop back up if someone hit it. It looked like a concrete one and was obviously designed to look like concrete. It fooled me and the cyclist who was sprawled over the road.

He suffered no injury except to his pride. I learned a good lesson from this and never lean on bollards at lights.

alienator

Jun 10, 2004
Taniwha is the funniest thing I've ever seen on a bike. That cranial geometry seen on wheels is hilarious.

GT Fanatic

Apr 15, 2010
alienator said:
Taniwha is the funniest thing I've ever seen on a bike. That cranial geometry seen on wheels is hilarious.

Wow, that's just such a riot! I'll bet you were in stitches! :rolleyes:

GrumpyGex

Jun 18, 2010
He's just ghost-riding the whip. I'm pretty sure he was actually on the way to have lunch with Tupac.

GT Fanatic

Apr 15, 2010
GrumpyGex said:
He's just ghost-riding the whip. I'm pretty sure he was actually on the way to have lunch with Tupac.

Tupac changed his name. Now he just calls himself, "Ca-put." :D

decca234uk

Jan 18, 2010
The rider was the only one not laughing, but I will give him his due, he picked himself up off the floor and remounted his bike with supreme dignity as though he had meant to do it.

roadhouse

Aug 2, 2009
decca234uk said:
The rider was the only one not laughing, but I will give him his due, he picked himself up off the floor and remounted his bike with supreme dignity as though he had meant to do it.

i'm thinking pee wee herman..

I

alienator

Jun 10, 2004
decca234uk said:

That's right. Get up and do it, like it ain't no thing.