Funniest Thing That Happened To You While Cycling.

Kiprasn

Mar 7, 2015
Funniest thing that happened to me while hitting the road on my bike is probably.. Well probably nothing much besides making a lot of jokes with friends when I decide to go not solo, but wanted to know stories of you, my fellow cycling buddies.

lol, so basically nothing funny happened to you? :D

I was going up a mountain with big effort and this bike pro passes by me grabbing a truck filled with grapes, he was just effortless there eating grapes while I was sweating...!

On one of the few long rides I made with my wife going up a hill, we were passed by a jeep full of kids. One of whom had dropped his pants and stuck his butt, full moon style, out the window.

My wife was struggling so hard with the hill she did not even notice.

I was using an indoor cycling bike in my local gym while watching television when I felt an urge to fart.

I tried to do it discreetly and I was thinking no one will really notice since the music is so loud and the other guy was too busy doing his own thing. Apparently I failed because he gave me a surprised funny look just after I farted :)

Well, funny to me or funny to those watching me? I bike a lot in the winter & a hydrant sprung a leak I didn't see in the snow so the street I was turning onto was coated in a sheet of ice. So, as I leisurely approach the turn at a speed I reconsidered in 2 minutes, I flipped completely over in front of a ton of people outside snowing. Oh, I laughed but my body was not laughing.

JoanMcWench said:
Well, funny to me or funny to those watching me? I bike a lot in the winter & a hydrant sprung a leak I didn't see in the snow so the street I was turning onto was coated in a sheet of ice. So, as I leisurely approach the turn at a speed I reconsidered in 2 minutes, I flipped completely over in front of a ton of people outside snowing. Oh, I laughed but my body was not laughing.
Maybe it was funny and horrifying at the same time for the people who saw you? Ouch. At least the laughter can ease some of that pain... It probably wouldn't hurt as much if there were no other people around to see you flipped into the ice sheet.

I can't think of any funny moment I had while cycling, so I guess nothing really that funny happened to me during riding. :D

Vickeree said:
Maybe it was funny and horrifying at the same time for the people who saw you? Ouch. At least the laughter can ease some of that pain... It probably wouldn't hurt as much if there were no other people around to see you flipped into the ice sheet.
lol Well, thanks for trying to look on the bright side of the situation. They were laughing before I really got a choice in the matter quite frankly. The body heals though so no big deal.

There was once this squirrel that seriously acted like I was a car, and I wasn't even going that fast. It darted out from under a parked car, saw me and panicked and froze then realized in the last second that it should just go back under the car. It was pretty cute, I was just going to break if it didn't move, so there wasn't really any danger to me or it since I was not going fast, but it was pretty funny that the squirrel was afraid of something as small as a person on a bike.

My husband and I sometimes cycle together and often tour together. One time we were touring we had front and rear panniers, plus extra kit on our bikes for a really long tour. We were on an uphill climb on a coast road when we were over taken by 2 men in matching lycra, made worse by the fact their kit matched the colour of their bikes. They didn't say hello or anything polite like that. Now my husband and I were not really trying, we still had an entire day of cycling ahead of us and were pacing ourselves, chatting away as we did the climb. We get to the top and start the downhill and it is not long before we are catching them. They are lying down across the top bars of their bikes trying their hardest to be aerodynamic. Our touring bikes don't have drop bars and are based on a mountain bike design. They are rugged off--road touring bikes capable of going anywhere, often further than the rider can. As we caught them up, these 2 were so far out into the road that our only line was to undertake them. So my husband unclips his cycle helmet and as he undertakes the first of them sits absolutely bolt upright and takes off his helmet and yells "good day sir!" as he sails on passed this man lying flat across his bike! It was rather hard to keep a straight face when I promptly undertook both of them as well. 3/4 of the way up the next climb they caught us up again, neither said a word to us as the overtook us, and then promptly stopped at the top of the hill. We just carried on cycling passed them with totally straight faces until the next corner.

OK connie, I don't get what happened there, so they greeted you and after that they didn't? There are some strange people all over, but usually bike people tend to be friendly.

Gelsemium said:
OK connie, I don't get what happened there, so they greeted you and after that they didn't? There are some strange people all over, but usually bike people tend to be friendly.
Connie858 said:
My husband and I sometimes cycle together and often tour together. One time we were touring we had front and rear panniers, plus extra kit on our bikes for a really long tour. We were on an uphill climb on a coast road when we were over taken by 2 men in matching lycra, made worse by the fact their kit matched the colour of their bikes. They didn't say hello or anything polite like that. Now my husband and I were not really trying, we still had an entire day of cycling ahead of us and were pacing ourselves, chatting away as we did the climb. We get to the top and start the downhill and it is not long before we are catching them. They are lying down across the top bars of their bikes trying their hardest to be aerodynamic. Our touring bikes don't have drop bars and are based on a mountain bike design. They are rugged off--road touring bikes capable of going anywhere, often further than the rider can. As we caught them up, these 2 were so far out into the road that our only line was to undertake them. So my husband unclips his cycle helmet and as he undertakes the first of them sits absolutely bolt upright and takes off his helmet and yells "good day sir!" as he sails on passed this man lying flat across his bike! It was rather hard to keep a straight face when I promptly undertook both of them as well. 3/4 of the way up the next climb they caught us up again, neither said a word to us as the overtook us, and then promptly stopped at the top of the hill. We just carried on cycling passed them with totally straight faces until the next corner.
I'm sorry, I thought it was clear...

No, they didn't say hello as they overtook us going up a hill. they didn't even acknowledge we existed on our touring bikes.

When we caught them up again, going down the hill we ended up undertaking them because of the aggressive line they had taken by going right the way out to the middle of the road to the white line. My husband decided to make a point about them being impolite by undertaking them sitting bolt upright on his touring bike, they are lying along their cross bars trying their hardest to be aerodynamic and fast, he is faster because of the weight of kit we were carrying, so undertaking them, sitting bolt upright on his bike, he lifted his helmet off as though it was a bowler hat and yelled hello at them as loudly as he could. I also had no option other than to either brake hard to slow down or undertake them.
When the caught us up again, once again on the next climb, neither of them said hello then either.

It made us laugh because they were trying so hard to go faster... I guess you just needed to be there to understand.

Reactions: Gelsemium
OK, so sorry for not understanding. LOL, so I see, they didn't greeted you first and not even after your husband did it, they were not nice guys. Either cases, they were happy cycling I am assuming. :)

Very quiet Sunday morning ride, on a back road in an area that's fairly quiet. Beat up Pick Up rolls up along side me and matches my speed. The driver/passenger scream "Wake and Bake" and the passenger proceeds to blow a huge amount of pot smoke right into my face. Then the driver is like "Whoa - Is he using a banned substance?"
Passenger says "I think he is" then takes another hit and blows the smoke into my face again.

This ensued a couple more times making up new dialogue

I'm not sure why I wasn't bothered by it. On the one hand, you have two kids driving around high as a kite diving way too close to me, blowing pot smoke repeatedly in my face. On the other hand... they were funny. I was laughing the whole time.

They drove off. All I could smell for the next 35 miles was pot.

flTrHZP.gif

flTrHZP.gif

flTrHZP.gif

flTrHZP.gif

flTrHZP.gif

flTrHZP.gif

flTrHZP.gif

flTrHZP.gif

flTrHZP.gif

flTrHZP.gif