Funny weight variation, is it the same for you?

stefs

Jul 30, 2004
Hi all, I am experiencing some kind of weight variation, and I tested it some times to make sure it was real and that the electronic balance was well adjusted.

Here is what happened

Before going to bike I was 170.0 lbs

After 3 hours of moderate/high ride I was 163 lbs.

From here nothing specials. Even if I drank 3 bottles of water during the ride, the weight loss is mainly water.

The weird part is when I take a shower. After the shower and drying, I weight myself immediately without having consumed no fluid or food.

I then weighted 167 lbs.

What caused my weight increase of 4 lbs just taking a shower? Is the skin react as a sponge?

Is it the same for you?

Thank's

stefs said:
Hi all, I am experiencing some kind of weight variation, and I tested it some times to make sure it was real and that the electronic balance was well adjusted.

Here is what happened

Before going to bike I was 170.0 lbs

After 3 hours of moderate/high ride I was 163 lbs.

From here nothing specials. Even if I drank 3 bottles of water during the ride, the weight loss is mainly water.

The weird part is when I take a shower. After the shower and drying, I weight myself immediately without having consumed no fluid or food.

I then weighted 167 lbs.

What caused my weight increase of 4 lbs just taking a shower? Is the skin react as a sponge?

Is it the same for you?

Thank's
i'm serious think you need a new scale... don't think that is possible.

doctorSpoc said:
i'm serious think you need a new scale... don't think that is possible.

No, That's why I weight myself several time using this patern before I post here.
I wanted to be sure. The pattern repeats.

When I'm not biking I weight myself each morning and my weight is around the same.

When I go biking for a pretty long ride, I have this weight variation.

stefs said:
No, That's why I weight myself several time using this patern before I post here.
I wanted to be sure. The pattern repeats.

When I'm not biking I weight myself each morning and my weight is around the same.

When I go biking for a pretty long ride, I have this weight variation.
i'm with you up to the point where you come out of the shower and you weigh 4lbs more... that's the part i don't think is possible.... do you don't drink during the interim?

questions:
- is you scale in the bathroom? could the steam/humidity be affecting the scale some how? try leaving the scale out of the bathroom when you weigh yourself?
- do you weigh yourself completely naked? clothes/wet towel can weigh ~ 3-4lbs? even different clothes can differ in weight by lbs and when they are wet or dry the difference can be even greater.

it'sjust not possible to soak up 4 lbs of water into your skin.. there has to be some other explaination. i have done what you are talking about and weigh exactly the same even when wet or dry...

do you weigh yourself naked [Edit] every time[/Edit]? if not try that.

Yes I do it all naked.

I did it again this morning coming back from the gym.

Before shower 168.5
After the shower 169.5

The theory that would make more sense is that maybe the scale may be affected by the humidity of the bathroom, even though I do not really take hot and long shower.

I will do some research on this.