Further to carrying boats by bike.

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Jon Senior, May 10, 2004.

  1. Jon Senior

    Jon Senior Guest

    Tags:

  2. Graeme

    Graeme Guest

    Jon Senior <jon_AT_restlesslemon_DOTco_DOT_uk> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > I know it's not a kayak or a canoe, but check the image at the bottom of
    > the page!
    >
    > http://bikerodnkustom3.homestead.com/silva2.html

    I thought a surf board might have a slight aerofoil shape to them. Now that
    would be cool if you got up some decent speed! :)

    Graeme

  3. On Tue, 11 May 2004 02:54:03 GMT, Graeme wrote:
    > Jon Senior <jon_AT_restlesslemon_DOTco_DOT_uk> wrote in
    > news:[email protected]:
    >
    >> I know it's not a kayak or a canoe, but check the image at the bottom of
    >> the page!
    >>
    >> http://bikerodnkustom3.homestead.com/silva2.html

    > I thought a surf board might have a slight aerofoil shape to them. Now that
    > would be cool if you got up some decent speed! :)

    Well it would be if it were mounted the other way up. The way it's
    shown it'd have lift rather than downforce, which might not be what
    you want at the bottom of the long steep hill down to the beach with
    the tight turn into the car park at the end :)

    --
    Trevor Barton

  4. Jon Senior

    Jon Senior Guest

    says...
    > Well it would be if it were mounted the other way up. The way it's
    > shown it'd have lift rather than downforce, which might not be what
    > you want at the bottom of the long steep hill down to the beach with
    > the tight turn into the car park at the end :)

    Mount SPD pedals onto your surf board, at the corner, jump the bike,
    unclip. Clip into the surfboard and then your bike is ready for the
    reverse procedure when you reach dry land again!

    Jon