FWIW

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Joshua Goldberg, Apr 9, 2003.

  1. Corbin went Glug, a Chapter 7 was done and they are no more. I know there are a few bent riders here
    who have Sparrows.

    Tags:

  2. Bentnut

    Bentnut Guest

    source?

    > Corbin went Glug, a Chapter 7 was done and they are no more. I know there are a few bent riders
    > here who have Sparrows.

  3. EV World Update Article said the Chapter 7 was filed April 03 and April 22 will be the meeting for
    the 361 creditors to pick over the remains. The 15 employees were "locked out" a few weeks ago.
    Kinda sad to see an EV pioneer like Corbin go down just before the intro of his newest model.
    ---------------------------------
    "bentnut" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:If%[email protected]...
    > source?
    >
    > "Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Corbin went Glug, a Chapter 7 was done and they are no more. I know
    there
    > > are a few bent riders here who have Sparrows.

  4. "Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Corbin went Glug, a Chapter 7 was done and they are no more. I know there are a few bent riders
    > here who have Sparrows.

    Somehow, I am not surprised. Sorry to hear that though (although they really *did* look like those
    little plastic push cars for small kids, or so I thought).

    GM also gave up on electric cars this morning. No parts or any help. Maybe you can blame the high
    cost in California marketing for the Sparrow or Merlin failures, but GM is another story!

    Thanks for the news.

    Chris Jordan Santa Cruz, CA.

  5. Dave Jones

    Dave Jones Guest

    Mike Corbin? Corbin Seats? Bankrupt? Sheesh. They have had some poor customer reviews for their
    handling of the motorcycle seat biz on motorcycle lists but I had no idea that they were in the
    tank. Sha-la-la. dj

    > Corbin went Glug, a Chapter 7 was done and they are no more. I know there are a few bent riders
    > here who have Sparrows.

  6. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    Joshua Goldberg wrote:

    > Corbin went Glug, a Chapter 7 was done and they are no more. I know there are a few bent riders
    > here who have Sparrows.

    Does this include the seat business? This is relevant to a.r.b.r., since the Burley seats bases are
    (were?) manufactured by Corbin.

  7. Not sure bout the Seat end (pun) of the Biz, would think Corbin would have it as a seperate company,
    maybe controlled by a relative to keep the Sparrow/Merlin division from impacting on the seats div.
    Have no idea how to find out either at this point....cause the thing is under a press blackout till
    the creditors meet with the liquidators. Also the father-son owners were forced into bankruptcy and
    went glug kickin and screamin foul, so asking them at this point may be unwise.
    -------------------------------------

    > Joshua Goldberg wrote:
    > >
    > > Corbin went Glug, a Chapter 7 was done and they are no more. I know
    there
    > > are a few bent riders here who have Sparrows.
    >
    > Does this include the seat business? This is relevant to a.r.b.r., since the Burley seats bases
    > are (were?) manufactured by Corbin.

  8. Cbb

    Cbb Guest

    Seat and luggage biz is a separate business that should be unaffected according to the story and the
    letter posted on http://www.corbinmotors.com

    > Not sure bout the Seat end (pun) of the Biz, would think Corbin would have it as a seperate
    > company, maybe controlled by a relative to keep the Sparrow/Merlin division from impacting on the
    > seats div. Have no idea how to find out either at this point....cause the thing is under a press
    > blackout till the creditors meet with the liquidators. Also the father-son owners were forced into
    > bankruptcy and went glug kickin and screamin foul, so asking them at this point may be unwise.
    > -------------------------------------
    > "Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > Joshua Goldberg wrote:
    > > >
    > > > Corbin went Glug, a Chapter 7 was done and they are no more. I know
    > there
    > > > are a few bent riders here who have Sparrows.
    > >
    > > Does this include the seat business? This is relevant to a.r.b.r., since the Burley seats bases
    > > are (were?) manufactured by Corbin.
    > >
    > > Tom Sherman - Various HPV's Quad Cities USA (Illinois side)

  9. M..Leuck

    M..Leuck Guest

  10. Cbb

    Cbb Guest