FWIW

Joshua Goldberg

Guest
Corbin went Glug, a Chapter 7 was done and they are no more. I know there are a few bent riders here
who have Sparrows.

EV World Update Article said the Chapter 7 was filed April 03 and April 22 will be the meeting for
the 361 creditors to pick over the remains. The 15 employees were "locked out" a few weeks ago.
Kinda sad to see an EV pioneer like Corbin go down just before the intro of his newest model.
---------------------------------
"bentnut" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:If%[email protected]...
> source?
>
> "Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Corbin went Glug, a Chapter 7 was done and they are no more. I know
there
> > are a few bent riders here who have Sparrows.

news:<[email protected]>...
> Corbin went Glug, a Chapter 7 was done and they are no more. I know there are a few bent riders
> here who have Sparrows.

Somehow, I am not surprised. Sorry to hear that though (although they really *did* look like those
little plastic push cars for small kids, or so I thought).

GM also gave up on electric cars this morning. No parts or any help. Maybe you can blame the high
cost in California marketing for the Sparrow or Merlin failures, but GM is another story!

Thanks for the news.

Chris Jordan Santa Cruz, CA.

Mike Corbin? Corbin Seats? Bankrupt? Sheesh. They have had some poor customer reviews for their
handling of the motorcycle seat biz on motorcycle lists but I had no idea that they were in the
tank. Sha-la-la. dj

news:<[email protected]>...

Joshua Goldberg wrote:

> Corbin went Glug, a Chapter 7 was done and they are no more. I know there are a few bent riders
> here who have Sparrows.

Does this include the seat business? This is relevant to a.r.b.r., since the Burley seats bases are
(were?) manufactured by Corbin.

Not sure bout the Seat end (pun) of the Biz, would think Corbin would have it as a seperate company,
maybe controlled by a relative to keep the Sparrow/Merlin division from impacting on the seats div.
Have no idea how to find out either at this point....cause the thing is under a press blackout till
the creditors meet with the liquidators. Also the father-son owners were forced into bankruptcy and
went glug kickin and screamin foul, so asking them at this point may be unwise.
-------------------------------------

> Joshua Goldberg wrote:
> >
> > Corbin went Glug, a Chapter 7 was done and they are no more. I know
there
> > are a few bent riders here who have Sparrows.
>
> Does this include the seat business? This is relevant to a.r.b.r., since the Burley seats bases
> are (were?) manufactured by Corbin.

Seat and luggage biz is a separate business that should be unaffected according to the story and the
letter posted on http://www.corbinmotors.com

news:<[email protected]>...

"m..leuck" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<jHwla.439726$S_4.500026@rwcrnsc53>...
> "cbb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Seat and luggage biz is a separate business that should be unaffected according to the story and
> > the letter posted on http://www.corbinmotors.com
>
> I could be wrong but aren't Corbin seats made by a Mike Corbin? Different company entirely?

Corporate structures are separate but both were started by Mike Corbin hence the name.