FYI Aldi Offers from 17-7-03

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Dave T, Jul 11, 2003.

  1. Dave T

    Dave T Guest

    Incase anyone's interested...

    From next Thurs (at 9am in most places) Aldi have a bunch of cycling gear available again.

    edited hichlights: 20 Function computer for £3.99, Car mount rack £19.99 mini pump £2.49 Mitts £1.99
    Shirts / shorts £5.99 Jackets £9.99

    From what I remember, last time thay had this gear it was pretty good for the money?

    http://www.aldi-stores.co.uk/ for more info

    Hope this is useful

    Dave

  2. Simon Mason

    Simon Mason Guest

    "Dave T" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Incase anyone's interested...
    >
    > From next Thurs (at 9am in most places) Aldi have a bunch of cycling gear available again.
    >
    > edited hichlights: 20 Function computer for £3.99, Car mount rack £19.99 mini pump £2.49 Mitts
    > £1.99 Shirts / shorts £5.99 Jackets £9.99

    There were Heart RMs in Netto for 19.99 last time I was in. Simon

  3. Maureen

    Maureen Guest

    "Dave T" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Incase anyone's interested...
    >
    > From next Thurs (at 9am in most places) Aldi have a bunch of cycling gear available again.
    >
    > edited hichlights: 20 Function computer for £3.99, Car mount rack £19.99 mini pump £2.49 Mitts
    > £1.99 Shirts / shorts £5.99 Jackets £9.99
    >
    > From what I remember, last time thay had this gear it was pretty good for the money?
    >
    > http://www.aldi-stores.co.uk/ for more info
    >
    > Hope this is useful

    Thanks Dave. At these prices even if they only last a season, can`t really complain :)

    Maureen

  4. W K

    W K Guest

    > "Dave T" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Incase anyone's interested...
    > >
    > > From next Thurs (at 9am in most places) Aldi have a bunch of cycling gear available again.
    > >
    > > edited hichlights: 20 Function computer for £3.99, Car mount rack £19.99 mini pump £2.49 Mitts
    > > £1.99 Shirts / shorts £5.99 Jackets £9.99

    The last lot were OK, maybe so-so. I'd probably buy them, but wouldn't set out early on
    thurday mornings.

    > There were Heart RMs in Netto for 19.99 last time I was in. Simon

    I've got an aldi one that was a fair bit less than that. Still OK and loads of features (esp lap
    timing and average HR per lap!), and a better bike mount than Cardiosport's pipe lagging.

  5. Does anyone know what time Aldi stores close? I'd like to try my local one (Tottenham) after work.

    Thanks,

    Mat

  6. Brian

    Brian Guest

    "Dave T" <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > Incase anyone's interested...
    >
    > From next Thurs (at 9am in most places) Aldi have a bunch of cycling gear available again.
    >
    > edited hichlights: 20 Function computer for £3.99, Car mount rack £19.99 mini pump £2.49 Mitts
    > £1.99 Shirts / shorts £5.99 Jackets £9.99
    >
    > From what I remember, last time thay had this gear it was pretty good for the money?
    >
    > http://www.aldi-stores.co.uk/ for more info
    >
    > Hope this is useful
    >
    > Dave

    I bought one of the jackets the last time they were on special. It's a good enough jacket -
    reflective trim, fold down flap for keeping your back warm. Only problem I found was that some of
    the threads in the seams hadn't been finished off very well or were a bit loose.

    The jacket material seems to be "rip stop" style - branded "Crane Sports"

    The jacket also folds up into it's own pouch.

    for the money I can't complain!

    --
    brian

  7. Oliver Jones

    Oliver Jones Guest

    ------=_NextPart_000_0048_01C347DB.B64D3930 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

    I was up there not half an hour ago for some chilled beverages from the = off licence over the road.
    I think they close earlier than most other = supermarkets, maybe seven thirty or eight pm.
    --
    O.J.

    "You can get away with a lot of shit if it looks like it's all you know = how to do." "Matthew
    Myatt" <[email protected]> wrote in message =
    news:[email protected]... Does anyone know what time Aldi stores
    close? I'd like to try my = local one (Tottenham) after work.

    Thanks,

    Mat

    ------=_NextPart_000_0048_01C347DB.B64D3930 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1"

    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META
    http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META content=3D"MSHTML
    6.00.2800.1170" name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
    <DIV>I was up there not half an hour ago for some chilled beverages = from=20 the off licence
    over the road. I think they close earlier than most = other=20 supermarkets, maybe seven thirty
    or eight pm.<FONT face=3DArial=20 size=3D2><BR>--<BR>O.J.</DIV>
    <DV> </DIV>
    <DVI>"You can get away with a lot of shit if it looks like it's all you = know how=20 to
    do."</FONT></DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE=20 style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT:
    5px; = BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
    <DVII>"Matthew Myatt" <<A=20
    =
    href=3D"mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</A>>= wrote=20 in message <A=20
    =
    href=3D"news:[email protected]">news:3f0eb=
    [email protected]</A>...</DIV>Does=20 anyone know what time Aldi stores
    close? I'd like to try my = local=20 one<BR>(Tottenham) after=20
    work.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR><BR>Mat<BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

    ------=_NextPart_000_0048_01C347DB.B64D3930--

  8. seigneur

    seigneur New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2003
    i had a winter cycling top from aldi last year. only cost £5.99. been out in snow, rain mud etc. in it and find it very warm and washes like new. in fact i reckon its better than a lot of my £30-40 tops

  9. Martin

    Martin Guest

    Brilliant. Pity there is no store near me.Still worth a journey though. Lidl also do a lot of bike
    stuff but not as good as all this lot: it's mostly accessories like a gel seat pad the size of a
    chaise longue and last year some "pro-cycling" track mitts with a picture of a situpandbeg bike on
    them. These two chains and also Netto are German, just goes to show how mass market cycling is on
    the continent.

  10. On 13 Jul 2003 08:26:15 -0700, [email protected] (martin) wrote:

    >These two chains and also Netto are German, [...]

    Netto is not German (Danish, I think).

    --
    Michael Klontzas 'If everything seems to be coming your way, you're probably in the wrong lane'
    (Borstelmann's Rule)

  11. Martin

    Martin Guest

    "Maureen" <maureendotdoigatbtinternetdotcom> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Dave T" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...

    > > From what I remember, last time thay had this gear it was pretty good for the money?

    Any idea what time they shut? website very secretive about such minor details (swanley/yiewsley)

  12. I took a look in Aldi this morning and the stuff they have is the usual quality. Jerseys are
    yellow/black, white/black, red with white side panel, royal blue/yellow. Shorts to match. Jerseys
    and shorts £5.99. The jerseys seem less scratchy than some of the last lot. The shorts are a bit
    thin and the small size I bought is actually a bit large but at that price does it matter?

    They also have gloves (£1.99) and water resistant jackets (a bit bulkier than I was expecting and
    people were buying them for everyday wear).

    There is an excellent rucksack at £7.99 which would suit many commuters. Plenty of compartments,
    access for Walkman cables, helmet straps, even an integral cover and mobile phone pocket.
    --
    Michael MacClancy