FYI - Cipo/Pantani...

Crystal

Guest
For all you Italian cycling fans (if there are any left)... it is a DONE deal... Cipo and Pantani
will be riding on the same team in 2003... The team name will be Mercatone Uno-Elitron. Others on
the team will be climbers Roberto Conti, Spanish climber Clavero and sprinter Fabio Fontanelli
among others...

This info. came from the Gazetta dello Sport website at:
http://www.gazzetta.it/statics/sciclismo/pp_3.0.861147181.html

Later Crystal

"Crystal" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:[email protected]...
> For all you Italian cycling fans (if there are any left)...

we're alive and kicking: it.sport.ciclismo if you don't believe me and if you speak Italian

> it is a DONE deal... Cipo and Pantani will be riding on the same team in 2003...

No sir, it's not going to work. They didn't sign and Pantani basically gave up.

Ciao Luca

"brian roth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> There is something amiss when Cipo has to do a deal like this just to scrap a team together. Why
> would Aqua e Sapone pull out after only one year, which was greater than they ever could have
> hoped for, let alone having the sitting World Champion under contract. I have a suspicion that his
> farciful mid-season 'retirement' had more to do with bouncing paychecks than anything else..

Should it surprise anyone that in this world recession that companies can't afford to throw money
out the window with ANY kind of indirect advertising?