G.T. on his knees

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Veloracer

Has anyone checked how this guy worships Sheldon Brown in r.b.t, man sure the guy knows his thing
and everyone respects him, but G.T. is kind of crossing the line, gross stuff the way he kisses ass.

Hello Pete.

veloracer wrote:
> Has anyone checked how this guy worships Sheldon Brown in r.b.t, man sure the guy knows his
> thing and everyone respects him, but G.T. is kind of crossing the line, gross stuff the way he
> kisses ass.
>

From someone that has no respect. Hilarious. How come you only lurk in
r.b.t.? Because you're too much of a moron to contribute? Or are you a James Lame sock puppet?

Greg "Sheldon for President, veloracer for Usenet Kook of the Month" T.

--
"Walking under ladders for a living You know we should be running round in pubs and bars We know
we'll never grow short And we'll never grow tall" - the Mekons

"veloracer" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Has anyone checked how this guy worships Sheldon Brown in r.b.t, man sure the guy knows his
> thing and everyone respects him, but G.T. is kind of crossing the line, gross stuff the way he
> kisses ass.

Is that you duhski?

JD

"veloracer" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
| Has anyone checked how this guy worships Sheldon Brown in r.b.t, man sure the guy knows his
| thing and everyone respects him, but G.T. is kind of crossing the line, gross stuff the way he
| kisses ass.
|
| Hello Pete.
|
|

Just curious, if that's over on r.b.t then why are you posting this drivel here on a.m-b?

--

FlyingCoyote http://www.boarsgut.com

--

On Thu, 05 Dec 2002 05:51:00 GMT, "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote:

>veloracer wrote:
>> Has anyone checked how this guy worships Sheldon Brown in r.b.t, man sure the guy knows his
>> thing and everyone respects him, but G.T. is kind of crossing the line, gross stuff the way he
>> kisses ass.
>>
>
> From someone that has no respect. Hilarious. How come you only lurk in
>r.b.t.? Because you're too much of a moron to contribute? Or are you a James Lame sock puppet?
>
>Greg "Sheldon for President, veloracer for Usenet Kook of the Month" T.

Don;t know the guy and don;t need qany sock puppets to whip your scawny butt here in the ng.

A bit embarassed are you, by what happened to your lame attempt to troll me over there?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

jim

"FlyingCoyote" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>
> "veloracer" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> | Has anyone checked how this guy worships Sheldon Brown in r.b.t, man
sure
> | the guy knows his thing and everyone respects him, but G.T. is kind of crossing the line, gross
> | stuff the way he kisses ass.
> |
> | Hello Pete.
> |
> |
>
>
> Just curious, if that's over on r.b.t then why are you posting this drivel here on a.m-b?
>
> --
>
> FlyingCoyote http://www.boarsgut.com

Impossible, he's too busy over here bending over for JD.

Dave (Greg making the rounds?)

James M. Lane wrote:
> On Thu, 05 Dec 2002 05:51:00 GMT, "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>
>>veloracer wrote:
>>
>>>Has anyone checked how this guy worships Sheldon Brown in r.b.t, man sure the guy knows his
>>>thing and everyone respects him, but G.T. is kind of crossing the line, gross stuff the way he
>>>kisses ass.
>>>
>>
>>From someone that has no respect. Hilarious. How come you only lurk in
>>r.b.t.? Because you're too much of a moron to contribute? Or are you a James Lame sock puppet?
>>
>>Greg "Sheldon for President, veloracer for Usenet Kook of the Month" T.
>
>
> Don;t know the guy and don;t need qany sock puppets to whip your scawny butt here in the ng.
>

What's up with the typing? Just get in from the bar?

> A bit embarassed are you, by what happened to your lame attempt to troll me over there?
>

To troll you? Get a life. I stopped you from embarassing yourself like you always do here.

>
> BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
>

Laughing at yourself?

Greg
--
"Walking under ladders for a living You know we should be running round in pubs and bars We know
we'll never grow short And we'll never grow tall" - the Mekons

On Thu, 05 Dec 2002 09:06:36 GMT, "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote:

>James M. Lane wrote:
>> On Thu, 05 Dec 2002 05:51:00 GMT, "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>
>>>veloracer wrote:
>>>
>>>>Has anyone checked how this guy worships Sheldon Brown in r.b.t, man sure the guy knows his
>>>>thing and everyone respects him, but G.T. is kind of crossing the line, gross stuff the way he
>>>>kisses ass.
>>>>
>>>
>>>From someone that has no respect. Hilarious. How come you only lurk in
>>>r.b.t.? Because you're too much of a moron to contribute? Or are you a James Lame sock puppet?
>>>
>>>Greg "Sheldon for President, veloracer for Usenet Kook of the Month" T.
>>
>>
>> Don;t know the guy and don;t need qany sock puppets to whip your scawny butt here in the ng.
>>
>
>What's up with the typing? Just get in from the bar?
>
>> A bit embarassed are you, by what happened to your lame attempt to troll me over there?
>>
>
>To troll you? Get a life. I stopped you from embarassing yourself like you always do here.
>
>>
>> BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
>>
>
>Laughing at yourself?

Nope, both the typing and BWAHAs were because I was laughiung at your all-too-typical bs.

Given our history, my kicking your ass all over this ng, why the hell would you want to prevent me
from embarassing myself? Seems that you would relished that happening. Sorta trying to be my friend,
are you? Protecting me? Right. Just more of your covering your ass ********.

jim

James M. Lane <[email protected]> wrote:

>Given our history, my kicking your ass all over this ng, why the hell would you want to prevent me
>from embarassing myself? Seems that you would relished that happening. Sorta trying to be my
>friend, are you? Protecting me? Right. Just more of your covering your ass ********.

Maybe he was trying to protect you from yourself...

When Sheldon, in response to your claim that the dynamics of front wheel braking change dramatically
if you shift your butt back, wrote:

>>I don't believe this. On an upright bike of normal geometry, with the saddle adjusted for
>>reasonable leg extension, I do not believe that even somebody with as big a butt as mine can get
>>the center-of-gravity far enough back to shift the front brake from pitchover mode to skid mode
>>for dry pavement.

Then you suggested:

>Yo, Sheldon,
>
>You are the great tester of these matters and I certainly am not. So, don;t tell us what you
>BELIEVE; tell is what your find in your testing.

Greg knows you're wrong, and Sheldon knows you're wrong... but they're both too smart and have too
much experience to try to lock up a front wheel on pavement. Maybe he's worried that you'll try your
little experiment on your own?

Naaaah, maybe not.

Mark Hickey Habanero Cycles http://www.cynetfl.com/habanero/ Home of the $695 ti frame

On Thu, 05 Dec 2002 14:16:50 GMT, Mark Hickey <[email protected]> wrote:

>James M. Lane <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Given our history, my kicking your ass all over this ng, why the hell would you want to prevent me
>>from embarassing myself? Seems that you would relished that happening. Sorta trying to be my
>>friend, are you? Protecting me? Right. Just more of your covering your ass ********.
>
>Maybe he was trying to protect you from yourself...
>
>When Sheldon, in response to your claim that the dynamics of front wheel braking change
>dramatically if you shift your butt back, wrote:
>
>>>I don't believe this. On an upright bike of normal geometry, with the saddle adjusted for
>>>reasonable leg extension, I do not believe that even somebody with as big a butt as mine can get
>>>the center-of-gravity far enough back to shift the front brake from pitchover mode to skid mode
>>>for dry pavement.
>
>Then you suggested:
>
>>Yo, Sheldon,
>>
>>You are the great tester of these matters and I certainly am not. So, don;t tell us what you
>>BELIEVE; tell is what your find in your testing.
>
>Greg knows you're wrong, and Sheldon knows you're wrong... but they're both too smart and have too
>much experience to try to lock up a front wheel on pavement. Maybe he's worried that you'll try
>your little experiment on your own?
>
>Naaaah, maybe not.
>
>Mark Hickey Habanero Cycles http://www.cynetfl.com/habanero/ Home of the $695 ti frame

Hi, Mark,

Regardless of the exchange between Sheldon and myself in another ng, the comments I have made here
about my booting greg all over this ng back about three years ago still stand. Shaun aRe's
ingnorance of what happened nothwithstanding.

As I said over there, this braking stuff seems counterintuitive. Further, Sheldon did moderate some
of what he was saying, not in response to my posts, but to others, did he not?

As far as experiment, I intend to do the parking lot thing suggested and see how it works out for
me. On a mtb going down a trail, I'll still stick with my rear brake. It is the road part that
intrigues me now.

Now, if you and the other troll please, let's keep what goes on in one place there and not in both,
or do you also want to troll here for what happened there like greg is?

jim

"James M. Lane" <[email protected]> wrote in message

<snip>

| Hi, Mark,
|
| Regardless of the exchange between Sheldon and myself in another ng, the comments I have made here
| about my booting greg all over this ng back about three years ago still stand. Shaun aRe's
| ingnorance of what happened nothwithstanding.

I was there.

I've also seen you consistently make a fool of yourself for years.

What you can't seem to understand is that what you imagine to be happening (this strange victory
that you are referring to) is only happening inside that wee little noggin of yours.

Now, if you could only come to grips with your amazing hypocrisy re: Vandeman maybe you could
convert that wasted energy into developing some bike riding skills.

Stranger things have happened.

--
Pete Fagerlin

http://www.petefagerlin.com

<...>

<yes, i know, it's a rude snip, but there was a lot of back and forth there....>

>
> As far as experiment, I intend to do the parking lot thing suggested and see how it works out for
> me. On a mtb going down a trail, I'll still stick with my rear brake. It is the road part that
> intrigues me now.
>
>
> jim

you're an idiot. prepare to be darwinized. /s

James M. Lane wrote:

>
> Regardless of the exchange between Sheldon and myself in another ng, the comments I have made here
> about my booting greg all over this ng back about three years ago still stand. Shaun aRe's
> ingnorance of what happened nothwithstanding.
<snip>

Aw, c'mon Jim, I was there, too.

It didn't happen. Not even as a matter of opinion, or a point of view. Making claims like that in
front of people who were actually there, and expecting not to get called on it is just bizarre.

I've got an acquaintance who has a rather selective memory (and that's putting it kindly). Within
our circle, we have come to understand that this person has to be called on every errant statement
of fact, because if nobody does, in this person's mind, it becomes "true". It's become truly
unpleasant being around this person, because of his continual attempts to revise history, casting
himself in the role of omniscient infallible ass kicker extraordinaire, thus requiring constant
reality checks and mental course corrections.

We're currently debating whether we should start carrying spray bottles, and just hose him when he
tells a whopper, or, if we should chip in and buy him a remote control electronic shock collar and
zap him when he starts confabulating. I favor the shock collar, personally, but then we'd all be
fighting over the remote.

This is your reality check, Jim. Don't make us get the spray bottles out...

Kathleen

On Thu, 05 Dec 2002 20:18:06 GMT, "Pete Fagerlin" <[email protected]> wrote:

>
>"James M. Lane" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> <snip>
>
>| Hi, Mark,
>|
>| Regardless of the exchange between Sheldon and myself in another ng, the comments I have made
>| here about my booting greg all over this ng back about three years ago still stand. Shaun aRe's
>| ingnorance of what happened nothwithstanding.
>
>I was there.
>
>I've also seen you consistently make a fool of yourself for years.
>
>What you can't seem to understand is that what you imagine to be happening (this strange victory
>that you are referring to) is only happening inside that wee little noggin of yours.
>
>Now, if you could only come to grips with your amazing hypocrisy re: Vandeman maybe you could
>convert that wasted energy into developing some bike riding skills.
>
>Stranger things have happened.

'Bout time GT's sock puppet appeared. You and I knocked noggins too, didn;t we. Expected behavior
that you'ld stick up for another loser.

jim

"Pete Fagerlin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> "James M. Lane" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> <snip>
>
> | Hi, Mark,
> |
> | Regardless of the exchange between Sheldon and myself in another ng, the comments I have made
> | here about my booting greg all over this ng back about three years ago still stand. Shaun aRe's
> | ingnorance of what happened nothwithstanding.
>
> I was there.
>
> I've also seen you consistently make a fool of yourself for years.
>
> What you can't seem to understand is that what you imagine to be happening (this strange victory
> that you are referring to) is only happening inside that wee little noggin of yours.
>
> Now, if you could only come to grips with your amazing hypocrisy re: Vandeman maybe you could
> convert that wasted energy into developing some bike riding skills.
>
> Stranger things have happened.
>

Blah blah blah blah

> --
> Pete Fagerlin
>
> http://www.petefagerlin.com

On Sat, 07 Dec 2002 08:46:36 -0600, Kathleen <[email protected]> wrote:

>James M. Lane wrote:
>
>>
>> Regardless of the exchange between Sheldon and myself in another ng, the comments I have made
>> here about my booting greg all over this ng back about three years ago still stand. Shaun aRe's
>> ingnorance of what happened nothwithstanding.
><snip>
>
>
>Aw, c'mon Jim, I was there, too.
>
>It didn't happen. Not even as a matter of opinion, or a point of view. Making claims like that in
>front of people who were actually there, and expecting not to get called on it is just bizarre.
>
>I've got an acquaintance who has a rather selective memory (and that's putting it kindly). Within
>our circle, we have come to understand that this person has to be called on every errant statement
>of fact, because if nobody does, in this person's mind, it becomes "true". It's become truly
>unpleasant being around this person, because of his continual attempts to revise history, casting
>himself in the role of omniscient infallible ass kicker extraordinaire, thus requiring constant
>reality checks and mental course corrections.
>
>We're currently debating whether we should start carrying spray bottles, and just hose him when he
>tells a whopper, or, if we should chip in and buy him a remote control electronic shock collar and
>zap him when he starts confabulating. I favor the shock collar, personally, but then we'd all be
>fighting over the remote.
>
>This is your reality check, Jim. Don't make us get the spray bottles out...
>
>Kathleen

Always appreciate you calling 'em like your see 'em.

jim

"Kathleen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> James M. Lane wrote:
>
> >
> > Regardless of the exchange between Sheldon and myself in another ng, the comments I have made
> > here about my booting greg all over this ng back about three years ago still stand. Shaun aRe's
> > ingnorance of what happened nothwithstanding.
> <snip>
>
>
> Aw, c'mon Jim, I was there, too.
>
> It didn't happen. Not even as a matter of opinion, or a point of view. Making claims like that in
> front of people who were actually there, and expecting not to get called on it is just bizarre.
>
> I've got an acquaintance who has a rather selective memory (and that's putting it kindly). Within
> our circle, we have come to understand that this person has to be called on every errant statement
> of fact, because if nobody does, in this person's mind, it becomes "true". It's become truly
> unpleasant being around this person, because of his continual attempts to revise history, casting
> himself in the role of omniscient infallible ass kicker extraordinaire, thus requiring constant
> reality checks and mental course corrections.
>
> We're currently debating whether we should start carrying spray bottles, and just hose him when he
> tells a whopper, or, if we should chip in and buy him a remote control electronic shock collar and
> zap him when he starts confabulating. I favor the shock collar, personally, but then we'd all be
> fighting over the remote.
>
> This is your reality check, Jim. Don't make us get the spray bottles
out...
>
> Kathleen
>

We are in the presence of greatness. You remind me of my wife. She remembers everything I ever
did too! ;)

Nice.

Marty

"G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> James M. Lane wrote:
> > On Thu, 05 Dec 2002 20:18:06 GMT, "Pete Fagerlin" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >
> >>"James M. Lane" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >>
> >><snip>
> >>
> >>| Hi, Mark,
> >>|
> >>| Regardless of the exchange between Sheldon and myself in another ng, the comments I have made
> >>| here about my booting greg all over this ng back about three years ago still stand. Shaun
> >>| aRe's ingnorance of what happened nothwithstanding.
> >>
> >>I was there.
> >>
> >>I've also seen you consistently make a fool of yourself for years.
> >>
> >>What you can't seem to understand is that what you imagine to be
happening
> >>(this strange victory that you are referring to) is only happening
inside
> >>that wee little noggin of yours.
> >>
> >>Now, if you could only come to grips with your amazing hypocrisy re: Vandeman maybe you could
> >>convert that wasted energy into developing some bike riding skills.
> >>
> >>Stranger things have happened.
> >
> >
> >
> > 'Bout time GT's sock puppet appeared. You and I knocked noggins too, didn;t we. Expected
> > behavior that you'ld stick up for another loser.
> >
>
> Let me see, that's Shaun, Mark, Pete giving me at least modest support. Where's your support? The
> moron veloracer?

Wow, you've got good friends here, that's fun. do you really think that because your pals bailed you
out, you didn't do it?. Remember agreing is fine, but kissing butt doesn't look quite well.

> For that matter, how many people do you think have you in their killfiles? How many have me
> killfiled?
>
> Greg
>
> --
> "Walking under ladders for a living You know we should be running round in pubs and bars We know
> we'll never grow short And we'll never grow tall" - the Mekons

On Thu, 05 Dec 2002 22:04:53 GMT, "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote:

>James M. Lane wrote:
>> On Thu, 05 Dec 2002 20:18:06 GMT, "Pete Fagerlin" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>
>>>"James M. Lane" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>
>>><snip>
>>>
>>>| Hi, Mark,
>>>|
>>>| Regardless of the exchange between Sheldon and myself in another ng, the comments I have made
>>>| here about my booting greg all over this ng back about three years ago still stand. Shaun aRe's
>>>| ingnorance of what happened nothwithstanding.
>>>
>>>I was there.
>>>
>>>I've also seen you consistently make a fool of yourself for years.
>>>
>>>What you can't seem to understand is that what you imagine to be happening (this strange victory
>>>that you are referring to) is only happening inside that wee little noggin of yours.
>>>
>>>Now, if you could only come to grips with your amazing hypocrisy re: Vandeman maybe you could
>>>convert that wasted energy into developing some bike riding skills.
>>>
>>>Stranger things have happened.
>>
>>
>>
>> 'Bout time GT's sock puppet appeared. You and I knocked noggins too, didn;t we. Expected behavior
>> that you'ld stick up for another loser.
>>
>
>Let me see, that's Shaun, Mark, Pete giving me at least modest support. Where's your support? The
>moron veloracer?
>
>For that matter, how many people do you think have you in their killfiles? How many have me
>killfiled?
>

Truth smarts, doesn't it. I don't killfile anyone, even ignorant idiots like you and your puppets.
(oh, do I hear a Jack Nicholson quote coming on?)

jim

Status
Not open for further replies.