In article <[email protected]>, Time Cop
<[email protected]> wrote:

> [...]

Maybe Roberto can get together with Keith Horowitz who was also
suspended for a year relating to an incident at the Solvang Crit.

http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/6123.0.html

armstrong wrote:

> Why???
>

> "Time Cop" <[email protected]> wrote in message

For trying to beat the **** out of Jonny Sundt with a 2x4.

--
Steven L. Sheffield
stevens at veloworks dot com

Kinda off the topic but as an official who occasionaly has questions about
things that can't be answered locally, Shawn has been incredible at responding
and providing clear friendly useful information in an incredibly timely manner.
It'd be great if we could clone him.
Bill C

"Casey Kerrigan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:310520041143003758%[email protected]...
> Maybe Roberto can get together with Keith Horowitz who was also
> suspended for a year relating to an incident at the Solvang Crit.

tsk, tsk, tsk... Casey, it's surprising that you would write something like
that, given your somewhat official capacity in the uscf. Maybe I'm reading
more into your comment than you meant, but Roberto and Keith share some
history. Besides, it sounded like the McGuire rider that Keith pummeled was
equally guilty.

Mark

p.s. Is it just coincidence that a McGuire rider was also in a scuffle the
next day at the Ojai crit? Does that happen a lot to them?

Odd that These two would come up in the same thread as they have both
been romantically linked to Lynn Brotzman/Gaggioli. Perhaps she has
this effect on men.

-Erik

In article <8R3vc.7880$My6.5428@fed1read05>, Mark Fennell
<[email protected]> wrote:

> "Casey Kerrigan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:310520041143003758%[email protected]...
> > Maybe Roberto can get together with Keith Horowitz who was also
> > suspended for a year relating to an incident at the Solvang Crit.

> tsk, tsk, tsk... Casey, it's surprising that you would write something like
> that, given your somewhat official capacity in the uscf. Maybe I'm reading
> more into your comment than you meant, but Roberto and Keith share some
> history. Besides, it sounded like the McGuire rider that Keith pummeled was
> equally guilty.
>
> Mark
>
> p.s. Is it just coincidence that a McGuire rider was also in a scuffle the
> next day at the Ojai crit? Does that happen a lot to them?

WEll I don't know about any shared history between Roberto and Keith
and when I posted the only connection I knew about was being suspended
for what sounds like simular type actions ( although reading the
release on the USAC web site Keith got a full year suspension while
Reoberto only got suspended till the end of this year).

The only time I know of that McGuire have been involved in any kinds of
trouble at races are the ones you refer to above. As noted in the
release on the USAC web site there are two other riders also suspended
for what sounds like fighting and there is a note in the release that
cases like this have seen a big increase this year.

[email protected] (TritonRider) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> [...]

I did get to see Erik Saunders chasing Johnny Sundt around with a
large piece of timber post race on Saturday in Baltimore in a comic
re-enactment of the "incident" in question. Now that was funny my
friends.

Tom

Casey Kerrigan wrote:
> In article <8R3vc.7880$My6.5428@fed1read05>, Mark Fennell
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>"Casey Kerrigan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:310520041143003758%[email protected]...
>>
>>>Maybe Roberto can get together with Keith Horowitz who was also
>>>suspended for a year relating to an incident at the Solvang Crit.

>>tsk, tsk, tsk... Casey, it's surprising that you would write something like
>>that, given your somewhat official capacity in the uscf. Maybe I'm reading
>>more into your comment than you meant, but Roberto and Keith share some
>>history. Besides, it sounded like the McGuire rider that Keith pummeled was
>>equally guilty.
>>
>>Mark
>>
>>p.s. Is it just coincidence that a McGuire rider was also in a scuffle the
>>next day at the Ojai crit? Does that happen a lot to them?

> WEll I don't know about any shared history between Roberto and Keith
> and when I posted the only connection I knew about was being suspended
> for what sounds like simular type actions ( although reading the
> release on the USAC web site Keith got a full year suspension while
> Reoberto only got suspended till the end of this year).
>
> The only time I know of that McGuire have been involved in any kinds of
> trouble at races are the ones you refer to above. As noted in the
> release on the USAC web site there are two other riders also suspended
> for what sounds like fighting and there is a note in the release that
> cases like this have seen a big increase this year.

Its been a while since I've been reading/posted, so if someone already
pointed this out....

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=j...&[email protected]&rnum=2

This points out Gaggioli has some history obviously, but Scott's posting
begs the question: Do most sprinters have a tendency to be "Hot heads?"

I would say Yes, and I am a "Sprinter."

I'm sure almost everyone who races knows of an example -- A former
teammate of mine was punched by yet another "Sprinter" at SuperWeek
after a finish, breaking his prescription glasses. The promoters made
the "Sprinter" pay for my teammates glasses with his prize money from
the next 3 or 4 stages...

I really think that the USCF taking a stand here is very good and that
promoters/officials should do so at local races from the grassroots
level upwards. I think the riders need to be reminded of this because we
have a tendancy to think its just the way it is. It gets very heated out
there, for good reason, as any rider who has broken his or her clavicle
will knows all to well. Yet, it reflects so badly on our sport.

My 2 cents...

-Paul A. Sumner

>From: [email protected] (Tom Arsenault)

>I did get to see Erik Saunders chasing Johnny Sundt around with a
>large piece of timber post race on Saturday in Baltimore in a comic
>re-enactment of the "incident" in question. Now that was funny my
>friends.
>
>Tom

Now why does it figure that E-ROK would be involved in that.
Bill C

"Casey Kerrigan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:010620041207264722%[email protected]...
> WEll I don't know about any shared history between Roberto and Keith
> and when I posted the only connection I knew about was being suspended
> for what sounds like simular type actions

OK, sorry to (incorrectly) imply that you meant more than that...

> The only time I know of that McGuire have been involved in any kinds of
> trouble at races are the ones you refer to above. As noted in the
> release on the USAC web site there are two other riders also suspended
> for what sounds like fighting and there is a note in the release that
> cases like this have seen a big increase this year.

I'm wondering if it has become common for guys to push people out of the way
with a hand off the bars. There have always been riders that used their head
(literally) or a shoulder to move someone off a wheel or whatever, but it
sounds like more direct and forceful pushes are happening regularly now.

That's what happened at Solvang. The McGuire guy had Keith pinched against
the barriers a few corners from the end when someone jumped hard on the
other side. The McGuire guy didn't or couldn't go with the acceleration so
Keith gave him a little push out of the way to get some space to go through.
After the race, the guy confronted Keith and wanted to fight and he got his
wish.

There aren't many rbr posters that are near the front at the end of big US
crits but there are a few (Erik, Jason, Smack?). If any of you read this,
will you comment please?

Mark

Casey Kerrigan <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<310520041143003758%[email protected]>...
> In article <[email protected]>, Time Cop
> <[email protected]> wrote:

In Jan lukes update to Socal, she stated a zero tolerance policy for
stupid behavior. Then listed the first race she was planning on
attending as Solvang. Stupid is as stupid does. The only question for
me is why was the Mcquire rider not also suspended? And what the hell
happened that weekend.

RVD

In article <[email protected]>, Tom
Kunich <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Per Elmsäter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Alex Rodriguez wrote:
> > > In article <[email protected]>,
> > > [email protected] says...

> > > Google.

> > What? Can you really get suspended for Googling!!!

> If your name is Gaggioli and you're Googling you can be suspended for too
> many syllables.

When he wanted to learn about groups of geese Gaggioli googled gaggles.