    -----Original Message-----
    From: Farrell, Shawn, USA Cycling
    Sent: Sunday, May 30, 2004 11:03 AM

    Roberto Gaggioli has been suspended from participating in USA Cycling or UCI events until next year and effective May 31st, tomorrow. This includes participating as a rider or a manager. If he shows up as a spectator, there is nothing we can do about it, but he has no valid license, so he is not eligible to do anything that would require one.

    Tags:

  2. Armstrong

    Armstrong Guest

    Why???

    "Time Cop" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > -----Original Message----- From: Farrell, Shawn, USA
    > Cycling Sent: Sunday, May 30, 2004 11:03 AM
    >
    > Roberto Gaggioli has been suspended from participating in
    > USA Cycling or UCI events until next year and effective
    > May 31st, tomorrow. This includes participating as a
    > rider or a manager. If he shows up as a spectator, there
    > is nothing we can do about it, but he has no valid
    > license, so he is not eligible to do anything that would
    > require one.
    >

    > --

  3. In article <[email protected]>, Time Cop
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > -----Original Message----- From: Farrell, Shawn, USA
    > Cycling Sent: Sunday, May 30, 2004 11:03 AM
    >
    > Roberto Gaggioli has been suspended from participating in
    > USA Cycling or UCI events until next year and effective
    > May 31st, tomorrow. This includes participating as a
    > rider or a manager. If he shows up as a spectator, there
    > is nothing we can do about it, but he has no valid
    > license, so he is not eligible to do anything that would
    > require one.

    Maybe Roberto can get together with Keith Horowitz who was
    also suspended for a year relating to an incident at the
    Solvang Crit.

  4. http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/6123.0.html

  5. Alex Rodriguez wrote:
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > [email protected] says...
    >>

    >> Why???
    >
    > Google.

    What? Can you really get suspended for Googling!!!

    --
    Perre

  6. For trying to beat the crap out of Jonny Sundt with a 2x4.

    --
    Steven L. Sheffield stevens at veloworks dot com veloworks
    at worldnet dot ay tea tee dot net bellum pax est libertas

  7. Tritonrider

    Tritonrider Guest

    >From: Casey Kerrigan [email protected]

    Kinda off the topic but as an official who occasionaly has
    questions about things that can't be answered locally,
    Shawn has been incredible at responding and providing clear
    friendly useful information in an incredibly timely manner.
    It'd be great if we could clone him. Bill C

  8. Mark Fennell

    Mark Fennell Guest

    "Casey Kerrigan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:310520041143003758%[email protected]...
    > Maybe Roberto can get together with Keith Horowitz who was
    > also suspended for a year relating to an incident at the
    > Solvang Crit.

    tsk, tsk, tsk... Casey, it's surprising that you would write
    something like that, given your somewhat official capacity
    in the uscf. Maybe I'm reading more into your comment than
    you meant, but Roberto and Keith share some history.
    Besides, it sounded like the McGuire rider that Keith
    pummeled was equally guilty.

    Mark

    p.s. Is it just coincidence that a McGuire rider was also in
    a scuffle the next day at the Ojai crit? Does that
    happen a lot to them?

  9. Erik Mills

    Erik Mills Guest

    Odd that These two would come up in the same thread as they
    have both been romantically linked to Lynn
    Brotzman/Gaggioli. Perhaps she has this effect on men.

    -Erik

    Casey Kerrigan <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<310520041143003758%[email protected]>...
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > Time Cop <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > -----Original Message----- From: Farrell, Shawn, USA
    > > Cycling Sent: Sunday, May 30, 2004 11:03 AM
    > >
    > > Roberto Gaggioli has been suspended from participating
    > > in USA Cycling or UCI events until next year and
    > > effective May 31st, tomorrow. This includes
    > > participating as a rider or a manager. If he shows up as
    > > a spectator, there is nothing we can do about it, but he
    > > has no valid license, so he is not eligible to do
    > > anything that would require one.
    > >
    > Maybe Roberto can get together with Keith Horowitz who was
    > also suspended for a year relating to an incident at the
    > Solvang Crit.

  10. In article <[email protected]>, Mark Fennell
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Casey Kerrigan" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > message news:310520041143003758%[email protected]...
    > > Maybe Roberto can get together with Keith Horowitz who
    > > was also suspended for a year relating to an incident at
    > > the Solvang Crit.
    >
    > tsk, tsk, tsk... Casey, it's surprising that you would
    > write something like that, given your somewhat official
    > capacity in the uscf. Maybe I'm reading more into your
    > comment than you meant, but Roberto and Keith share some
    > history. Besides, it sounded like the McGuire rider that
    > Keith pummeled was equally guilty.
    >
    > Mark
    >
    > p.s. Is it just coincidence that a McGuire rider was also
    > in a scuffle the next day at the Ojai crit? Does that
    > happen a lot to them?

    WEll I don't know about any shared history between Roberto
    and Keith and when I posted the only connection I knew about
    was being suspended for what sounds like simular type
    actions ( although reading the release on the USAC web site
    Keith got a full year suspension while Reoberto only got
    suspended till the end of this year).

    The only time I know of that McGuire have been involved in
    any kinds of trouble at races are the ones you refer to
    above. As noted in the release on the USAC web site there
    are two other riders also suspended for what sounds like
    fighting and there is a note in the release that cases like
    this have seen a big increase this year.

  11. [email protected] (TritonRider) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > >From: Casey Kerrigan [email protected]

    I did get to see Erik Saunders chasing Johnny Sundt around
    with a large piece of timber post race on Saturday in
    Baltimore in a comic re-enactment of the "incident" in
    question. Now that was funny my friends.

    Tom

  12. Casey Kerrigan wrote:
    > In article <[email protected]>, Mark Fennell
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    >>"Casey Kerrigan" <[email protected]> wrote in
    >>message news:310520041143003758%[email protected]...
    >>
    >>>Maybe Roberto can get together with Keith Horowitz who
    >>>was also suspended for a year relating to an incident at
    >>>the Solvang Crit.
    >>
    >>tsk, tsk, tsk... Casey, it's surprising that you would
    >>write something like that, given your somewhat official
    >>capacity in the uscf. Maybe I'm reading more into your
    >>comment than you meant, but Roberto and Keith share some
    >>history. Besides, it sounded like the McGuire rider that
    >>Keith pummeled was equally guilty.
    >>
    >>Mark
    >>
    >>p.s. Is it just coincidence that a McGuire rider was also
    >> in a scuffle the next day at the Ojai crit? Does that
    >> happen a lot to them?
    >

    > WEll I don't know about any shared history between Roberto
    > and Keith and when I posted the only connection I knew
    > about was being suspended for what sounds like simular
    > type actions ( although reading the release on the USAC
    > web site Keith got a full year suspension while Reoberto
    > only got suspended till the end of this year).
    >
    > The only time I know of that McGuire have been involved in
    > any kinds of trouble at races are the ones you refer to
    > above. As noted in the release on the USAC web site there
    > are two other riders also suspended for what sounds like
    > fighting and there is a note in the release that cases
    > like this have seen a big increase this year.

    Its been a while since I've been reading/posted, so if
    someone already pointed this out....

    +brady+gaggioli+scott+group:rec.bicycles.*&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-
    8&group=rec.bicycles.*&selm=31bbvq%24hql%40search01.news.ao-
    l.com&rnum=2

    This points out Gaggioli has some history obviously, but
    Scott's posting begs the question: Do most sprinters have a
    tendency to be "Hot heads?"

    I would say Yes, and I am a "Sprinter."

    I'm sure almost everyone who races knows of an example -- A
    former teammate of mine was punched by yet another
    "Sprinter" at SuperWeek after a finish, breaking his
    prescription glasses. The promoters made the "Sprinter" pay
    for my teammates glasses with his prize money from the next
    3 or 4 stages...

    I really think that the USCF taking a stand here is very
    good and that promoters/officials should do so at local
    races from the grassroots level upwards. I think the riders
    need to be reminded of this because we have a tendancy to
    think its just the way it is. It gets very heated out there,
    for good reason, as any rider who has broken his or her
    clavicle will knows all to well. Yet, it reflects so badly
    on our sport.

    My 2 cents...

    -Paul A. Sumner

  13. Mark Fennell

    Mark Fennell Guest

    "Casey Kerrigan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:010620041207264722%[email protected]...
    > WEll I don't know about any shared history between Roberto
    > and Keith and when I posted the only connection I knew
    > about was being suspended for what sounds like simular
    > type actions

    OK, sorry to (incorrectly) imply that you meant more
    than that...

    > The only time I know of that McGuire have been involved in
    > any kinds of trouble at races are the ones you refer to
    > above. As noted in the release on the USAC web site there
    > are two other riders also suspended for what sounds like
    > fighting and there is a note in the release that cases
    > like this have seen a big increase this year.

    I'm wondering if it has become common for guys to push
    people out of the way with a hand off the bars. There have
    always been riders that used their head (literally) or a
    shoulder to move someone off a wheel or whatever, but it
    sounds like more direct and forceful pushes are happening
    regularly now.

    That's what happened at Solvang. The McGuire guy had Keith
    pinched against the barriers a few corners from the end when
    someone jumped hard on the other side. The McGuire guy
    didn't or couldn't go with the acceleration so Keith gave
    him a little push out of the way to get some space to go
    through. After the race, the guy confronted Keith and wanted
    to fight and he got his wish.

    There aren't many rbr posters that are near the front at the
    end of big US crits but there are a few (Erik, Jason,
    Smack?). If any of you read this, will you comment please?

    Mark

  14. Casey Kerrigan <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<310520041143003758%[email protected]>...
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > Time Cop <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > -----Original Message----- From: Farrell, Shawn, USA
    > > Cycling Sent: Sunday, May 30, 2004 11:03 AM
    > >
    > > Roberto Gaggioli has been suspended from participating
    > > in USA Cycling or UCI events until next year and
    > > effective May 31st, tomorrow. This includes
    > > participating as a rider or a manager. If he shows up as
    > > a spectator, there is nothing we can do about it, but he
    > > has no valid license, so he is not eligible to do
    > > anything that would require one.
    > >
    > Maybe Roberto can get together with Keith Horowitz who was
    > also suspended for a year relating to an incident at the
    > Solvang Crit

    In Jan lukes update to Socal, she stated a zero tolerance
    policy for stupid behavior. Then listed the first race she
    was planning on attending as Solvang. Stupid is as stupid
    does. The only question for me is why was the Mcquire rider
    not also suspended? And what the hell happened that weekend.

    RVD

  15. Armstrong

    Armstrong Guest

  16. Armstrong

    Armstrong Guest

  17. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

  18. Warren

    Warren Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Tom
    Kunich <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Per Elmsäter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Alex Rodriguez wrote:
    > > > In article <[email protected]>,
    > > > [email protected] says...

    > > > Google.
    > >
    > > What? Can you really get suspended for Googling!!!
    >
    > If your name is Gaggioli and you're Googling you can be
    > suspended for too many syllables.

    When he wanted to learn about groups of geese Gaggioli
    googled gaggles.

  19. Casey Kerrigan <[email protected]errigan.com> wrote in message news:<010620041207264722%[email protected]>...
    > In article <[email protected]>, Mark Fennell
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > "Casey Kerrigan" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > > message
    > > news:310520041143003758%[email protected]...
    > > > Maybe Roberto can get together with Keith Horowitz who
    > > > was also suspended for a year relating to an incident
    > > > at the Solvang Crit.
    > >
    > > tsk, tsk, tsk... Casey, it's surprising that you would
    > > write something like that, given your somewhat official
    > > capacity in the uscf. Maybe I'm reading more into your
    > > comment than you meant, but Roberto and Keith share some
    > > history. Besides, it sounded like the McGuire rider that
    > > Keith pummeled was equally guilty.
    > >
    > > Mark
    > >
    > > p.s. Is it just coincidence that a McGuire rider was
    > > also in a scuffle the next day at the Ojai crit?
    > > Does that happen a lot to them?

    > The only time I know of that McGuire have been involved in
    > any kinds of trouble at races are the ones you refer to
    > above. As noted in the release on the USAC web site there
    > are two other riders also suspended for what sounds like
    > fighting and there is a note in the release that cases
    > like this have seen a big increase this year.

    After too many incidences to count Roberto final gets a
    small piece of what he deserved. He has threatened more than
    hundred riders and worse he has intentionally hooked more
    people in the final sprint than anyone I can remember. He is
    and was a menace and it is amazing with all the incidents
    that action is only being taken now. What is even funnier is
    that USCF is suspending him for fighting (after like
    hundreds of incidents), yet didn't do anything about the
    action which caused the after race altercations. If more had
    been done in the first place then I believe we would see
    fewer incidences. I applaud the people who have finally
    taken action I just wish it had been for riding. Fights
    after races are bad for the sport. Guys crashing people are
    worse. Refs should enforce the rules and matters wouldn't
    have to be taken into our own hands.

    By the way if what was said is true and the Mcquire rider
    came to him after the race and started the beef only to get
    served up then they should suspend the Mcquire rider for
    being a bitch.

    RVD. Someone who has been in incidents with both of these
    individuals.