Gaining Weight

gnomeinurlawn16

Aug 1, 2010
Now I've been having this problem since I was little and I am in the minority of people because of it. I need to GAIN weight. Im 15 years old, about 5'8" and 107 pounds. If you cant picture that, just think about a really skinny kid. I have the perfect body for cycling with long legs and a wiry upper body but I need to gain so weight to actually put some petal-stamping-power into my legs. I love food and Ive been doing my best to snarf down as much caloric but non fatty and sugary foods as i can but theres only so much I can eat and my metabolism is about 1500 BMR (Which means I can burn about 1500 calories if i stayed in bed all day) Does anybody have any tricks or foods that helped them gain weight but not fat, like things high in protein to gain some muscle too?

Gnome

Just drink a gallon of milk a day. Bodybuilders use this technique to naturally bulk up. If your ok with supplements, try some mass gainer.

Nacho cheese Doritos and Ho Ho's. It's guaranteed to help you put on weight.

Beer, beer, more beer, lots of food, more beers and finally a 12 pack of beer. Buy a box of donuts when you're stumbling home after sunrise...

Seriously though, you don't need muscle unless you want to become a track sprinter. Stay light for as long as possible and let the correct training dictate where the muscle goes (or doesn't)

For a gaining a weight,you should take a healthy food and also take a dry-fruit,butter and cheese this item you take and also take a juice,fruit,and milk this a important for gaining weight and take a proper sleep and rest this a important things to gain your weight.

Weight gainer (whey protein) is one way to do it. In general try to eat foods high in calories. Lots of peanut butter. Lots of milk.

One word:

PASTA!

With cheese, tomato sauce, with salsa, with stir fry, with a little butter,

Peanut butter, honey, pan cakes with jam, pizza.

BTW. my wife is 6'3" and 140lbs. She eats like a horse and her
weight never varies. Some times I hate her!!!

Avoid salt, it just gives temporary water gain.

Yeah pasta is awesome. Another thing I forgot is whenever you eat bread, try to eat whole wheat...

I would advise that you try to do it with healthy foods, because once you get to your desired weight it will be hard to break the habit of eating fast food if you ate fast food to gain weight.

When I was in high school, I was 5'7.5'' and 105 lbs, so I was pretty close to your size. The weight gain will come in college anyway because your diet will probably deteriorate. If you want to gain weight now, I suggest you go lift weights. It will help maintain upper body muscle mass.

You are exactly the way I was when I was a teenager. I tried everything to gain weight. Back in my days, late 60's to late 70's, there was a weight/muscle gain program made by Weider(?) that I tried for 6 months and gained NOTHING! I drank milk by the gallon, I did a weird raw egg shake thing that Weider had, powders etc and nothing worked. Later when I got older I worked out at a gym for 5 years, NOTHING!!! This was in addition to cycling. Sure I got stronger and ripped looking but the weight didn't go up. I say don't waste money on all this muscle and weight gain ****, just work out and have fun. Of course eat food, but your a teenager no one has to tell you do that!!!

Don't worry about it, really. As you age your weight will go up, howbeit slowly, which you and I are fortunate for this because we never have to really worry about losing weight. At your age I was 6'0" and weighed 135, I'm now 56 and weigh 163, so in 41 years I gained 28 pounds. That's nothing compared to friends of mine who gained 50 and a lot more! Of course I've ridden bikes for most of those years and use to race in my 20's and 30's. I know that if I resumed race training my weight would drop to probably around 155, but for now I just ride for fitness.

If your still struggling over all this weight stuff have your parents take you to a doctor to have your thyroid checked, you could have a hyper thyroid. But if your like me when I was your age and are very active, the doctor will do the test then say your fine.