Gals gather round!

Discussion in 'Next Generation' started by chick on wheels, Jul 7, 2009.

1. chick on wheels

chick on wheels New Member

So young women riders are something of a rarity it seems, but I know they are out there! There is no need for us to feel isolated, lets spill the beans on who we are and what we do! Who knows one day we might meet (LONDON?? hehe or maybe the games after that...)

Alright so I ll start it off:

• I am a roadie! but I also have a mtn bike and will hopefully get my track bike in the next couple months.
    • I live in BC, Canada which is a really awesome place to ride because there are endless routes through the land and also huge mtns that work your quads like you wouldnt believe. My area is also home to Canada's only indoor velodrome which is beyond awesome.
    • I ve been riding on the road for only a short while after learning that I d be jeopardizing my joints if I kept running long distance competitively.
    • Lastly I am in love with biking now, the pain, the game, the competition, the training, even the mechanical part if you can believe it!
    WHO ARE YOU!!!

Tags:

2. olive

olive New Member

Hey!

Haha...its awesome to meet another girl cyclist! I was starting to think I was the only one lol :p.

Okay...well I'll tell you a bit about me...

I live in the fantasic state of Indiana (most people don't think so...but cyclists do!) :D its got hills and flats and just about everything in between. Now tracks though...that stinks :-/

I've been cycling since I was very very little...I got my first bike when I was 4 or 5. And I started road cycling when I was in 5th grade. I like running too! But you're right...its hard on the knees ;).

And, oh yeah, I'm in LOVE with cycling too!!! :)

3. BeccaRose1

BeccaRose1 New Member

So . . .awkward since I'm so late to this, but I'm new to the site! Sorry!! But anyway, I am in college, so I might be a little older than the new generation, but I felt a lot more comfortable here. Haha. I biked while I was growing up, but once I got to college I just wasn't feeling it anymore. I then lived in the Netherlands for 18 months and it was seriously the best time of my life. I loved it there. One of the ways of life in the Netherlands is that EVERYONE bikes EVERYWHERE!! Seriously. It's amazing. I had to get a bike since I couldn't afford a car. In the end it was much cheaper and a lot healthier. I really toned up a lot. In the end I'm not a huge race biker, but I do love biking in general!

4. Lizel

Lizel Active Member

Hey! :D
    I'm 14, so I'm still a teenager, I'm from Poland and in my spare time I enjoy cycling. It's a great thing to do for your figure. :p