Ganglian Cyst: A Result of Cycling?

"Pistof" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Dave Salovesh" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > In <[email protected]>,
> > [email protected] opined:
> >
> > > So much for the vaunted angled brackets! I was grossly
> > > deceived about their power to contain even the longest
> > > url.
> >
> > Standard practice uses more than just angle brackets. It
> > also includes "url:" prefixed to the actual URI, and
> > harks back to a time when there may have actually been a
> > need to explain that something like http://www.yahoo.com
> > was a URL and not, well, something else. So:

<url:http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=20c7afc9.03100702-
17.14e5a004%40pos
> ting.google.com&output=gplain>

<url:http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=20c7afc9.03100702-
17.14e5a004%40pos
> ting.google.com&output=gplain>

url:http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=20c7afc9.031007021-
7.14e5a004%40post ing.google.com&output=gplain

"Pistof" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Pistof" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Dave Salovesh" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > In <[email protected]>,
> > > [email protected] opined:

> > > Standard practice uses more than just angle brackets.
> > > It also
includes
> > > "url:" prefixed to the actual URI, and harks back to a
> > > time when there may have actually been a need to
> > > explain that something like http://www.yahoo.com was a
> > > URL and not, well, something else. So:

<url:http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=20c7afc9.03100702-
17.14e5a004%40pos
> > ting.google.com&output=gplain>

<url:http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=20c7afc9.03100702-
17.14e5a004%40pos
> > ting.google.com&output=gplain>

url:http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=20c7afc9.031007021-
7.14e5a004%40post
> ing.google.com&output=gplain

Struck out. And I really wanted this to work, too.

Dave

On Thu, 3 Jun 2004 21:55:35 -0500, "Pistof" <[email protected]>
wrote:
>url:http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=20c7afc9.03100702-
>17.14e5a004%40post
>> ing.google.com&output=gplain
>
>Struck out. And I really wanted this to work, too.

Trim the URL. groups.google.com/groups?selm=20c7afc9.031007-
0217.14e5a004%40posting.google.com might do the trick,
though it is long.

Of course, there's always tinyurl. http://tinyurl.com/3fkfm
--
Rick Onanian

On 4 Jun 2004 12:10:06 -0700, [email protected] (g.daniels) wrote:
>is urination still possible?

No, urination was made impossible by a recent anti-urination
ray fired on us by an alien race that intends to invade as
soon as we'll all sick. What they don't know is that we'll
be "full of **** and vinegar"...
--
Rick Onanian

g.daniels wrote:

> please visit peter white cycles!

Fence post wood with knothole eyes!

Bill "n.sequiter" S.

On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 17:39:44 GMT, " S o r n i"
<[email protected]> wrote:
>Fence post wood with knothole eyes!

There was once, on The Comedy Channel (now defunct, replaced
by Comedy Central), a late night show which played clips of
really crappy movies, and had a talk-show-style discussion
of them. At least, I think that was the idea; I can only
remember one episode. I do remember the show focused on very
bad taste.

The one I remember showed a couple minutes of a movie in
which a guy urinated (hah! fit urination in this thread
TWICE!) through a knothole in a wooden fence, not knowing
that somebody was sleeping on the other side. The angry
awakened sleeper ripped off the offending protrusion, and
the now-stumpy urinator proceeded to attempt to retrieve his
missing part. A game of monkey-in-the-middle ensued, during
which they showed slo-mo close-ups of the missile in play,
tumbling through the air.

The memory of that scene bothers me occasionally, and I
wonder what the name of the show was, and what the movie
was. And mostly, I wonder why I keep remembering it...
--
Rick "Eek!" Onanian

"Gary Jacobson" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I wonder if this is amore common problem among cyclists
> than in the general population?
>
> Ganglion cysts, it is thought, can arise from tendonitis
> and arthritis. I think that the soft tissue in my hands
> has been stressed from a relatively large volume of riding
> this spring. For many years I've had pain in the area that
> the cyst has sprouted, and I have always attributed the
> pain to riding.
>
> This year I moved away from anatomical bars for aesthetic
> reasons. Maybe a dumb move.
>
> No real treatment for it and unfortunately the cyst
> interferes with the motion of my thumb and impinges on
> nerves, and so I think riding will just makes it worse.
>
> Anyone else had this problem, and did it lead to a change
> of *cycling habits*? (It used to be thought that these
> things could be cured by hitting them with a bible. Maybe
> I need to consult a nun who rides.)
>
> Gary Jacobson Rosendale, NY

I know dozens of people with Ganglian Cysts, none of which
even ride bikes. Yet, I know no cyclist who have one. So,
off hand I would say there is no direct connection - in my
experience anyway. My wife has a pretty nasty one, and she
has not ridden a bike since grade school. Her's gets better
or worse usually depending on how much she uses her hand.
Some times there seems to be know reason it is worse. And
ya, there is no real cure. Everyone I know who have had them
removed surically, has had them return. Kind of sucks.