Garin Edge 705 & Powertap

matt1

Oct 3, 2004
Can anyone help with this problem.

After months of working together perfectly, my 705 has stopped displaying power from my power tap . I see that other 705 owners have had this problem but I can't see the solution.

The 705 detects the powermeter but displays either 0w or very occasionally intermittent and very low watts.

I have tried a hard reset.

I don't have the PT CPU.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

steve said:
have you tried replacing the batteries?
The Power tap is less than 1 year old, and I have been told the battery should not yet be an issue.

I am planning to try the powertap with a friends garmin this weekend to try and isolate the problem.

Hi

matt1 said:
The Power tap is less than 1 year old, and I have been told the battery should not yet be an issue.

I am planning to try the powertap with a friends garmin this weekend to try and isolate the problem.

First place I would look would definitely be the batteries, I change mine more regularly than 12 months even if everything is working as I reckon that's the limit of their life. Nothing worse than battery failure when you least want it, apart from leg failure, or heart failure of course :eek:

Q

All sorted, batteries in Powertap followed by another hard reset on the garmin fixed the problem