Garmin 305: 110 and 220 voltage

li rider

Oct 11, 2004
I will be travelling overseas with my bike. I want to be able to recharge my Garmin 305, but the manual does not say if the charger works on 220 current.

Does anybody know if it does?

This is what I do: seeing as it only hold a few hours of riding I'd suggest you take a little laptop and the laptop cable, and use that for charging, as well as downloading your trips so you don't lose them.

threaded said:
This is what I do: seeing as it only hold a few hours of riding I'd suggest you take a little laptop and the laptop cable, and use that for charging, as well as downloading your trips so you don't lose them.
Clearer description: Use your laptop's (or desktop's if you have one available) USB port to charge the 305. I do it all the time. If your not bringing a computer with you, check Garmins website for the stats or get a voltage converter. Plenty of air warriors use them for all sorts of electronics overseas.

The website does not give any info and cusotmer service "thought" i needed a converrter.

the charger itself on 1 side says 100/200 and on the other "warning 110"

I guess I need to carry a cable and buy a converter just to be safe.

rwinthenorth said:
Clearer description: Use your laptop's (or desktop's if you have one available) USB port to charge the 305. I do it all the time. If your not bringing a computer with you, check Garmins website for the stats or get a voltage converter. Plenty of air warriors use them for all sorts of electronics overseas.