Garmin 305

li rider

Oct 11, 2004
does anyone know how to print out data from the garmin 305?

i want to print out both maps and ride history (the graphs). I can't seem to print out anything when using the garmin software and I cannot make heads or tails out of either the motion based prpgram or GPS trackmaker.

thanks.

li rider said:

i want to print out both maps and ride history (the graphs). I can't seem to print out anything when using the garmin software and I cannot make heads or tails out of either the motion based prpgram or GPS trackmaker.

thanks.
You sign up for the Motion Based web site. It is free. You download software from their web site and then hook up your Garmin unit to the computer. You then sign onto the Motion Based web site and upload the ride info to their web site. It will have all of the info and weather conditions for the day, etc. Try it out. It works.

li rider said:

thanks.
Mac or PC? If your using a Mac, Garmin leaves you in cyberspace. PC, the motionbased should work well.

rwinthenorth said:
Mac or PC? If your using a Mac, Garmin leaves you in cyberspace. PC, the motionbased should work well.

Actually there's a Mac version of Garmin's PC program downloadable from the Garmin website. Works OK. I also have and like Ascent. Haven't quite figured out how to load courses on the 305 from either, yet, though.