Garmin Edge 305

EmPat

Dec 9, 2006
Have been playing around with my Edge 305 and am having problems with my computer illiterate brain.

Is there anyway for me to map a course online (mapmyride or bikely or similar) and then upload it to the edge? The user manual isn't much help in this regard.

Any tips appreciated.

Just did something like that but I have a differant gps. I use a Map76 because it is waterproof and I also use it with my kayak.

I can open the software on my computer and put in a course with any waypoints that I want then download it to the gps. I put in a 34 mile couse last night and used it this morning. You can also do the reverse, after riding a route with your gps on you can upload the route you pedaled into your computer.

I have done much the same using google earth for water routes and that is nice as you can see the route as you plot it.

Mark

EmPat said:
Have been playing around with my Edge 305 and am having problems with my computer illiterate brain.

Is there anyway for me to map a course online (mapmyride or bikely or similar) and then upload it to the edge? The user manual isn't much help in this regard.

Any tips appreciated.
There are a numbr of ways t do it, IMO but this website has one of the best mapping features and readable instructions:
http://www.marengo-ltd.com/gps/index.php
The procedure is complicated to explain, but not too hard to do.