Garmin Edge 500 and premium soft strap. Don't work.

jojoma

Sep 7, 2007
Any Edge 500 owners who use the Garmin Premium heart rate soft strap? I just got the strap and it doesn't work for me. A lot of websites say that the strap is compatible, but the package does not list the 500 as a compatible device. It does feel nice if nothing else. :confused:

alienator

Jun 10, 2004
jojoma said:
Any Edge 500 owners who use the Garmin Premium heart rate soft strap? I just got the strap and it doesn't work for me. A lot of websites say that the strap is compatible, but the package does not list the 500 as a compatible device. It does feel nice if nothing else. :confused:

It's compatible. Did you try replacing the battery? Being a new strap doesn't mean that the battery is/was new. I'd try another battery followed by an attempt to pair the HRM sensor again. I'd also suggest taking your question to the Garmin forum.

Sid Nitzerglobi

Jun 15, 2010
alienator said:
It's compatible. Did you try replacing the battery? Being a new strap doesn't mean that the battery is/was new. I'd try another battery followed by an attempt to pair the HRM sensor again. I'd also suggest taking your question to the Garmin forum.
^^+1

I've got the same combo and mine worked out of the box. Had to replace the battery on my cadence/speed sensor however.

jojoma

Sep 7, 2007
You're right. It worked when I paired it. I'm used to just going to the gym with my Polar strap on, which seems to work with any cardio machine. Maybe there is a benefit to pairing or something. Blah...

alienator

Jun 10, 2004
jojoma said:
You're right. It worked when I paired it. I'm used to just going to the gym with my Polar strap on, which seems to work with any cardio machine. Maybe there is a benefit to pairing or something. Blah...

Well, pairing is required in ANT systems.