Garmin Edge 500 and premium soft strap. Don't work.

jojoma

Sep 7, 2007
Any Edge 500 owners who use the Garmin Premium heart rate soft strap? I just got the strap and it doesn't work for me. A lot of websites say that the strap is compatible, but the package does not list the 500 as a compatible device. It does feel nice if nothing else. :confused:

jojoma said:
Any Edge 500 owners who use the Garmin Premium heart rate soft strap? I just got the strap and it doesn't work for me. A lot of websites say that the strap is compatible, but the package does not list the 500 as a compatible device. It does feel nice if nothing else. :confused:

It's compatible. Did you try replacing the battery? Being a new strap doesn't mean that the battery is/was new. I'd try another battery followed by an attempt to pair the HRM sensor again. I'd also suggest taking your question to the Garmin forum.

alienator said:
It's compatible. Did you try replacing the battery? Being a new strap doesn't mean that the battery is/was new. I'd try another battery followed by an attempt to pair the HRM sensor again. I'd also suggest taking your question to the Garmin forum.
^^+1

I've got the same combo and mine worked out of the box. Had to replace the battery on my cadence/speed sensor however.

You're right. It worked when I paired it. I'm used to just going to the gym with my Polar strap on, which seems to work with any cardio machine. Maybe there is a benefit to pairing or something. Blah...

jojoma said:
You're right. It worked when I paired it. I'm used to just going to the gym with my Polar strap on, which seems to work with any cardio machine. Maybe there is a benefit to pairing or something. Blah...

Well, pairing is required in ANT systems.