Garmin edge 500 mounting problem

Doncantador

Mar 11, 2012
Suddenly my garmin can't attached properly to the garmin mount. It turns freely like if the bottom part of the garmin which swing on the mount and get attached by 90 degrees spin, turns without locking. Anyone had this experience?

Originally Posted by Doncantador .

Suddenly my garmin can't attached properly to the garmin mount. It turns freely like if the bottom part of the garmin which swing on the mount and get attached by 90 degrees spin, turns without locking.
Anyone had this experience?
can you post a photo?

Are the mount tabs still on the Garmin 500? Have any broken off? Have you inspected the mount on the bike to see if it's cracked or missing pieces?

The funny thing is that I didn't notice any different, no broken pieces or cracks but it definitely seems that the lug on the back of he computer is worn off

Here how my problem looks like
dyde2yqy.jpg
unyqu8ad.jpg
tutyny7u.jpg
y5ujy7eg.jpg

I spoke with Garmin Support, a long process but they are replacing my device under complete warranty even though I was out of warranty. Good service!

Doncantador said:
I spoke with Garmin Support, a long process but they are replacing my device under complete warranty even though I was out of warranty. Good service!
That's good because the mount on the back of your 500 is broken.

Originally Posted by Doncantador .

That's very good of them. If it were me, replacing the battery cap would have satisfied me. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif